22| POISONOUS GAS?

22| POISONOUS GAS?

[ Chapter Twenty-Two ]

❝Oh that? That was nothing.❞

[The Force Awakens]

>> >> >>

Rey unbuckles her seatbelt and immediately jumps up before lowering her hand to Adelina to help her up. Adelina glances down at her side and winces seeing the dried blood.

"You should clean that. Or it'll get worse." Rey pointed down at her side.

Adelina nodded, "Yeah, I know, been a bit busy though."

Adelina hurries after Rey into the corridor and they run into Finn who has climbed up from the turret. Adelina grins at him, "Nice shooting!"

"That was some flying. Both of you." Finn told them.

"Thanks!" Adelina and Rey said at the same time, grinning at him.

"Where did you learn to do that?" Finn asked Rey.

"I don't know." Rey shook her head.

"No one trained you?" Finn asked.

"I mean. I've flown some ships but I've never left the planet." Rey responded and looked at Adelina, "But she's an awesome co-pilot and probably a million times better than me at flying."

Adelina scoffed, "Oh that? That was nothing."

"You're being modest." Rey grinned at her.

Adelina shrugs as Rey and Finn start talking at once until BB-8 rolls up to them and interrupts. Rey kneels down to the droid while Adelina leans against the wall, pressing her arm into her side.

"You're okay. He's with the Resistance. And besides, you know her." Rey gestured towards them.

"BB-8, we'll be fine." Adelina smiles at the droid.

"They're going to get you home. We all will." Rey promises BB-8, "Wait. I don't know your name."

"Finn. What's yours?" Finn asks her.

"I'm Rey." Rey smiles.

Finn swallows and then says, "Rey..." However, before he can continue his sentence, steam bursts out from the grate.

The three turn towards the sound.

"I can fix it." Adelina says but then steps forward and winces.

Rey catches Adelina before she falls and shakes her head at her, "No, we've got this. Go, I'm sure there's a first aid kit around her somewhere."

"Okay fine. But if you need anything, holler." Adelina tells her as Rey lets go of her and races towards the grate.

"Finn. Help me with this!" Rey calls.

Adelina leaves the two to deal with the problem before she limps off towards one of the ships bathrooms. Adelina hadn't been on this ship in years though she had the blueprint basically etched into her mind. She'd spent so much time learning to fly on this ship when she was a young girl, alongside her father and sometimes her mother and brother. So many happy memories were associated with this ship but some of those memories were now soiled with the fact that her brother worked for the first order and her father had disappeared and didn't want to come home.