14| TO JAKKU

14| TO JAKKU

[ Chapter Fourteen ]

❝I love you mom. We'll be fine.❞

[The Force Awakens]

>> >> >>

Adelina wasn't thrilled to be in the same room as Poe when her mom briefed them on the mission. They were supposed to go straight to Jakku, meet with Lor San Tekka and then come back hopefully, having obtained the map in the meantime. Also, they were not to engage enemy fighters or the First Order for their own safety and chance of keeping the map out of enemy hands.

Adelina was sure something would go wrong and she was sure that it would be her partner's fault but she didn't say anything to her mom as she knew it would jeopardize the chances she had at getting another mission following this one.

"And if something goes wrong?" Poe voiced her suspicions.

"If you stick to the plan, nothing should go wrong but if something does go wrong, try to contact us as you'll need all the help you can get." General Leia stared at him and then smiled at her daughter, "You'll be fine."

Poe rolled his eyes, "She's not a teenager, General. Don't treat her as such. She can handle it." He gave her a smirk and then spun on his heel, grabbing the folder off the table.

Adelina and General Leia both rolled their eyes at each other.

"He's a great pilot but he needs to work on some other things." General Leia smiled at her daughter and then her face got serious, "Are you sure that you're up for this?"

"Mom. Don't go second guessing me now. I leave in a couple of hours. I'm ready. Poe's taught me well and so has Nara. And so have you." Adelina grabbed her mom's hands, "I'm going to come back. I promise."

Adelina was a little worried to leave her mom alone considering she was all her mom had left. Han had walked out on them shortly after Ben had gone missing and Luke had fled and then it had been the two of them every since. Adelina knew her mom was a fighter but sometimes she forgot to take care of herself and Adelina was always there for her. Also, if Adelina disappeared, her mom would go out of her mind.

Adelina hugged her mom, breathing in her soft scent, "I love you mom. We'll be fine."

"You better be. What would I do without my favorite child? Or my favorite pilot?" General Leia joked.

"Mom. Don't joke about it. The First Order is a real threat and they're out looking for the map to Uncle Luke as much as we are. In fact, they probably sent out their best fighters as well. If they spot us, we'll do everything we can to cover our tracks. I promise." Adelina pulled back and smiled sadly, "But I need to do this."

"I know you do sweetie." Her mom smiled at her and handed her a folder, "I love you too."

Adelina took the folder and then took in a breath before she headed to the landing bay.

>> >> >>

The landing bay was a flurry of activity as people were preparing for Poe and Adelina's mission. Adelina walked over to her X-wing which was commissioned just for her. CeCe, her loyal droid was waiting by the plane, rolling back and forth with anticipation.

"CeCe. How's she doing?" Adelina grinned as she looked up at her plane.

"So, new X-wing, huh?" Poe's voice sounded from behind her and Adelina nearly jumped in surprise.

"Yeah. Mom decided I deserved it." Adelina grinned at him. She didn't have the time or energy to be mad at him in that moment as she was too pleased to be placed on the mission.

"Huh." Poe smirked, "Treat it right."

Adelina rolled her eyes at the man in front of her as she leaned against her new ship, "What did you think I was going to do? Crash it?"

"I mean. You're kind of a disaster so you never know." Poe replied.

"Dameron. I'm not going to crash it on purpose. I promise you that." Adelina smiled and lifted her small bag into her X-wing before climbing up the ladder herself.

"Eager. Aren't you?" Poe smiled at the woman who was climbing into her X-wing. Sure, she hadn't been in one for a real mission in years but she was way to excited for this to be smart. She needed to calm down or she'd do something stupid or impulsive and he needed his pilots to be level headed for these missions.

"So would you if you hadn't been off this bloody planet in years." Adelina smirked at the man.

"You need to calm down, darling and follow my orders." Poe instructed her.

Adelina did a mock salute and grinned, "Aye aye Captain."

>> >> >>

General Leia, Nara and the rest of Poe's squadron came to see them off but Adelina did not share any tearful hugs as she had earlier. Poe was right. She needed to calm down and crying would do nothing to help her. Poe grinned at them as he sped off first into the sky above the planet and Adelina followed, after checking everything was secure and she had plugged in the right coordinates for lightspeed.

Poe quickly checked to make sure Adelina was behind him before he sped off into light speed. Adelina followed and CeCe beeped in delight. Adelina laughed, "I know right. I forgot how great it felt to be in the sky and free."

Adelina's mind started to wander as she followed Poe. Her breathing quickened slightly and she became aware that she was nervous. Very nervous. Her heartbeat was going fast and almost as if Poe could hear it, his voice came over the comn.

"You alright there Solo?" Poe's voice echoed in her small ship and Adelina nodded, unaware that he couldn't see her movements, "We're coming up on Jakku. Please tell me you have the right coordinates. I can't drop out of lightspeed if you aren't right behind me."

Adelina took in a deep breath before responding, "I've got them Dameron. I'm fine."

"If you say so, Solo. I'm dropping out." Poe spoke before his comn went silent.

A second later, Adelina followed as she saw the planet in the near distance emerging against the vast black of space. CeCe remarked nervously with a series of beeps and Adelina agreed, "Yeah. I'm nervous too but Poe knows what he's doing so we'll be fine."

"We'll get there within the hour. Calm down, Solo. It's going to be a long day." Poe's voice crackled in on the comn and Adelina sighed. That it would.

>> >> >>

Word Count: 1112 

Hey guys! Long time no update! I've been busy with exams, prom and so much other stuff so I haven't had time for Wattpad but I wrote this entire chapter in less than an hour so here it is!

What did you guys think? What about the fact that Poe and Adelina are teaming up? Or her mom's conversation? 

I love you all and will see you soon with chapter 15!

POSTED ON:

5. 15. 18