24| RATHTARS AND DEATH GANGS

[ Chapter Twenty-Four ]

❝Please tell me you're thinking what I'm thinking❞

[The Force Awakens]

>> >> >>

Adelina was dying to get a look at what was going on but she didn't want to betray her new friends, however her new friends didn't seem to have the same concern. In fact, Finn was currently pushing her aside to try and see out of the crawl space.

"Can you see them?" Rey asked.

"No." Finn shook his head and then looked at Adelina, "Are you not even a little bit curious?"

"That's my dad, Finn. Of course I'm freaking curious." Adelina said and then gestured for them to follow, "Let's go."

The three crawl until they are under the gang and Rey looks up, "They have blasters."

Adelina follows her eyes and grimaces.

"A lot of them." Finn agrees.

"If this thing goes south, no one's safe." Adelina added and motioned for them to crawl again.

"Where are we going?" Rey asked her.

"I don't know." Adelina whispered back and then paused to hear the conversation.

The men were talking about BB-8. Adelina's eyes widened and Finn and Rey bumped into her as they heard the same thing.

"They're working for the First Order." Adelina hissed.

"Why am I not surprised?" Finn asked.

"Go. Go." Adelina hissed as Rey pushed past her and continued crawling back the way they'd come.

Adelina and Finn followed closely behind her until they came to a junction box area. Rey and Adelina looked at each other and then back at the controls.

"Please tell me you're thinking what I'm thinking." Adelina asked her.

"Yeah. If we close the blast doors in that corridor, we could trap both gangs." Rey said.

"It's like we were meant to be friends." Adelina grins at her.

"Wait. Close the blast doors from here?" Finn asks.

"Resetting the fuses should do it!" Rey says.

Sparks shoot from the fuses as Rey begins to reset them. Adelina and Finn quickly move to help her. The three of them smile hopefully at each other as they finish resetting them.

All the lights come on down below and Adelina curses, "I've got a very bad feeling about this."

"Oh no." Rey replies.

"Oh no? What?" Finn asks.

Rey goes pale, "Wrong fuses."