16| BATTLE OF JAKKU

16| BATTLE OF JAKKU

[ Chapter Sixteen ]

❝You go. Someone has to watch his back.❞

[The Force Awakens]

>> >> >> 

Adelina immediately jumps up and hurries to the tent entrance, peering out into the dark. Sure enough, BB-8 was right. She spots low flying ships on the horizon, approaching at an intense speed. She curses under her breath and turns to see Poe has stood up and is facing the entrance, his eyes alight. His eyes link onto Adelina's before he spins on his heel and confronts Lor San Tekka, "You have to hide."

Lor San Tekka gets up, "You have to leave." 

Poe appears to want to protest and Adelina's eyes widen as she walks back over to him and grabs his hand, "Poe. We have to go." Adelina knew that her mom was counting on the two of them to bring back the map and she wasn't going to let Poe endanger the mission.

Poe looks back at Lor who nods and yells, "Go!" That gives him the motivation to leave. He keeps his hand in Adelina's as he follows BB-8 out. He feels like he is running away from his duty by escaping towards his X-wing but he knows this is for the best. Plus, if he didn't get Adelina out of danger, he knew General Leia would kill him.

"Come on BB-8, hurry." Poe instructed his droid who had fallen behind.

Adelina was running alongside Poe, trying to get to her X-wing as fast as possible. She climbs up the ladder as quickly as possible and slides into the cockpit, blocking out the sounds of shots being fired and villagers screaming. Adelina turns her head to the side to see Poe Dameron is ready for takeoff. He nods at her but before he can liftoff, a blast suddenly hits his ship. She can see his mouth form a curse as his ship shakes. He jumps out and waves for Adelina to get the map from him.

Adelina jumps out of her x-wing without complaint and hurries over to his x-wing, ready to comply with his orders when another blast shakes her x-wing and blows the engines. Adelina curses aloud and stumbles as the blast rocks the ground beneath her feet.

Poe reaches for his blaster and takes aim, targeting two nearby stormtroopers and taking them out before he moves over to Adelina and grabs her arm, "I'm sorry I got you into this. You need to go with BB-8. I'm going to give him the map."

"Where the hell am I going to go, Dameron?" Adelina asks in an exasperated voice.

"I don't know, Solo. Just take BB-8 and run." Poe yelled at her before turning back to BB-8. He takes out the pouch out that contains the map and he inserts it into BB-8's slot, "You take this. It's safer with you than it is with me. You get as far away from here as you can." Poe looked up and met Adelina's eyes with his own, "And you take care of her. Do you hear me?"

BB-8 began to beep in protest and Adelina's face fell. She knew he didn't want to abandon his master/friend, and Adelina knew what she had to do.

"I'll come back for you. It will be alright." Poe told him and grabbed his gun before looking at Adelina, "Go." He watches for a moment before turning and running towards a sand dune.

BB-8 begins to roll off into the distance, beeping at Adelina to follow him but Adelina shakes her head, "No. I'm not coming with you."