26| MAZ KANATA

26| MAZ KANATA

[ Chapter Twenty-Six ]

❝Dad, I haven't seen you in years. Please come back with me.❞

[The Force Awakens]

>> >> >>

Han interrupted the two girl's moment as he handed a blaster to each of them.

"You might need these." Han tells them.

"I think I can handle myself." Rey scoffs.

Adelina grabs the blaster thankfully before tucking it in her belt, "While I on the other hand can also handle myself but would like a little help doing it."

"I know you can. That's why I'm giving it to you. Take it." Han looks at Rey, "And Adelina, I know you can as well."

Rey takes it and weighs it in her hand before Han continues speaking, "You know how to use one of these?"

"Yeah. You pull the trigger." Rey held it up.

"There's a little bit more to it than that. You got a lot to learn. You got a name?" Han looked at Rey.

"Rey." Rey answered, lowering her blaster.

"Rey. I've been thinking about bringing on some more crew, Rey. A second mate. Someone to help out. Someone who can keep up with Chewie and me, and appreciates the Falcon." Han spoke.

"Are you offering me a job?" Rey asked.

Adelina stepped up beside her dad and crossed her arms over her chest, "Seriously dad? Just her? I'm an excellent pilot, you know?"

"I wouldn't be nice to you. It doesn't pay much." Han said, "And Adelina, I'd offer you one too but your mom would not be pleased."

"Mom's never pleased, dad. She wants to shelter me from everything. I can take care of myself and it's time you both learned that." Adelina said.

"Fine. I'll think about it." Han told her.

"That's all I needed." Adelina grinned.

"But hang on. You're offering me a job?" Rey asked again.

"I wouldn't be nice to you. It doesn't pay much." Han Solo answered her.

"You're offering me a job!" Rey grinned.

"I'm thinking about it." Han agrees.

Rey opens her mouth to say yes but then she seems to think better of it, "If you were, I'd be flattered. But I have to get home."

"Rey..." Adelina starts but her father interrupts her.

"Jakku?" Han asks.

Rey looks at them sadly, "I've already been away for too long."

"It's too bad. Chewie kind of likes you." Han responds.