30| A FIGHT IN THE SNOW

[ Chapter Thirty ]

❝Get out of my sight, before I kill you.❞

[The Force Awakens]

>> >> >>

Adelina was numb as she stumbled through the snow beside her friends. Rey kept looking back at her to make sure she was still coming, and hadn't turned around to go find her brother, and Adelina sort of liked how Rey seemed to care about her.

Adelina looked behind her to see the oscillator burning from the explosives and the x-wings trying to finish the job. She almost didn't want to make it off the planet before they blew it up, because her life felt so bleak.

Finn broke the terrible silence that had spread over the trio since they'd left the interior of the base, "The Falcon's this way." He looked at Adelina sympathetically but didn't say anything which Adelina was grateful for as she probably would have just screamed at him and neither of them deserved it.

Rey gave Adelina her hand and Adelina took it, grateful for her friend's support as they struggled over the snowy dunes and into the forest.

However, the three didn't get far as they soon encountered a figure standing in the forest. Adelina immediately recognized her brother when he turned around to face them. Her breath caught in her throat as they maintained steady eye contact before Adelina let go of Rey's hand and made a move to rush at him. But she didn't get far as Rey's hands grabbed Adelina to hold her back from her brother.

"Get out of my sight, before I kill you." Adelina growled at her brother.

Kylo Ren ignited his lightsaber, "We're not done yet."

Rey breathes heavily and pushes Adelina behind her, "You're a monster!"

Kylo Ren almost seems to smile slightly, "It's just us now. Han Solo can't save you."

Adelina grits her teeth trying to push past Rey who has her arm held out in front of her. Rey grabs her blaster and steps forward, aiming it at Kylo Ren. Adelina's eyes widen for a second but then Kylo Ren raises a hand, stopping Rey in her tracks.

Rey struggles against his power before Kylo gestures twice, once to rid Rey of her weapon, and the other to push Rey back into a tree. Rey crumples to the ground and Adelina screams before running to her friend.

Finn throws his blaster and follows Adelina, falling to the ground, "Rey. Rey. No no no."

Adelina trades glances with Finn who looks like he's about to do something stupid. Adelina shakes her head, "No. He's so much stronger than you, Finn."