33| BAD DREAMS AND STARTING TO TRAIN WITH A MAYBE BOYFRIEND

[ Chapter Thirty-Three ]

❝ I need to get stronger, if I'm going to face him again.❞

[The Last Jedi]

>> >> >>

Adelina had fully intended to have a good night's sleep before beginning her training with Poe, however, her mind seemed to have other ideas. Not only did she have an intense dream or vision of her brother, she also woke up covered in sweat.

It was as if someone was trying to show her something by constantly putting vivid dreams of her brother into her mind, however she wasn't sure what it was yet. It wasn't as if she'd seen anything useful and the dreams just made her heart ache.

This morning, she was up and out of bed a little after six in the morning, but she didn't feel like she'd had a wink of sleep. And when she looked in the mirror, her face showed how tired she really felt.

Adelina groaned as she stepped into the shower, trying to wake herself up. It wasn't as though she wanted to shower as she'd just need another after the day's training but she was basically asleep on her feet. She turned the water from warm to cold, shivering as the water hit her back and then her hair.

After she felt like she could keep her eyes open, she stepped out of the shower and wrapped herself in a towel before attempting to comb out the knots in her hair. Her clock said that it was now twenty minutes to seven and Adelina knew she was supposed to meet Poe in the training center at seven-thirty. Though she doubted that he would report her if she was late.

Adelian squinted at herself in the mirror, not surprised at all to see dark circles under her eyes. It seemed like it had been a decade since she'd seen her eyes without them. Grabbing her cosmetics, she attempted to cover them as well as the other blemishes on her face before she padded back into her room to get into an outfit.

When she had finally made herself somewhat presentable, she made her way to breakfast even though she only had a little bit of time left to eat.

When she got there, she spotted Nara was sitting in the corner of the hall, her nose buried in her tablet and her forgotten meal pushed to the side.

Adelina quickly got herself some food before she sat down across from her friend and tapped her tablet, "What's so important that you aren't eating?"

Nara looked up and sighed, "I'm trying to figure out where else we could go if the First Order finds us."

Adelina gulped and took a long sip of her blue milk, trying to think of a response.