Chapter 2 - Duet

< Jungkook's POV>
I went home and laid on my bed. Ding! I peeked at my phone to check my notifications. I received a message from IU noona. I opened my phone and read IU noona's text.

IU: Hi.
Me: Hey!
IU: When are you free? When do you want to the duet? :)

Me: Hmm.. I'm not sure, haha 😅

IU: How about tomorrow? Are you free tomorrow?

Me: Sure! What time?

IU: I guess the same time as before and let's meet at the same place, okay? ☺️

Me: Okay!!

I turned off my phone and started kicking the air with excitement. I can't wait for tomorrow! I put on my earphones and played some music as I dozed off.
~ 🌹 ~
I woke up with the earphones still in my ears. I took it off and got ready for school.

I entered school and the first thing that came up to my mind was IU noona. I looked for her but I found her with Se Jun, who's also famous. Rumours says that he has a crush on her. Jealousy came to me. I walked away, not wanting to see more. I sighed and walked to class. There were not much people in class yet so I placed my arms on the desk and took a nap.

~ 🌹 ~

When I woke up, I saw IU near my face. She was startled and moved back immediately, I too was startled by her.

" W-Wait, what are you doing here?" I asked.

" It's 4:20 pm already. You weren't down in the field so I came up here," IU smiled.

" Why didn't anyone wake me up?"  I asked.

" Maybe, because you're too cute to be woken  up," she pinched my cheeks.

" Ouchh.." I rubbed my cheeks.

" Aigoo.." she smiled.

I just blushed, trying to let the fact that IU noona was right in front me sink in. We walked to the field together to do the duet.
" What song?" she asked.

" Butterfly," I smiled.
( A/N: I know that there is no BTS made here but just pretend that 'Butterfly' is made from another group.)

" Okay," she said.

I tuned my guitar and I said," Okay let's start."

I started singing. When it was her turn, she sang with a beautiful voice that mesmerizes me.

We finished singing the duet.

" You know you should sing for the world one day," she smiled.

" That's actually my dream," I chuckled and looked up at the sky. One day, I will sing for the world.

I looked at my phone to check the time and realised it was time for me to go home. "Sorry to break the fun and all, but I need to go now," I told her.

" It's okay," she gave me an assuring smile. Her smile is KILLING me.

" See you!" I waved goodbye.

~ 🌹 ~

< IU's POV >
I went to school by car and when I got off, most of the boys came running towards me. Typical day. Se Jun pushed through the crowd.

" IU, hey. Where were you last afternoon? I was calling you but you didn't pick up your phone," Se Jun asked.

" Oh, sorry. My phone was off," I replied.

" Why?" Se Jun asked.

" What do you mean 'why?'"

" Where were you?" he demanded.

" Will you stop being so concerned about me? Stop acting like we're friends because we aren't," I firmly said and walked away from the crowd.

I saw Jungkook entering school, I wanted to greet him but then he was blocked by the fangirls.

I took out a piece of paper out of my bag and wrote,

' Hey, Jungkook,
Yesterday was fun but I don't think I can do a duet today because I have extra lessons after school. Can you just wait for me after school? Let's walk home together.
- IU 🌸 '

I folded the paper and walked towards Jungkook's back to give the note. I walked pass by him and slipped the note into his back pocket. I walked away and saw him taking out the note from his back pocket and reading it. He looked around for me and when he did, he gave me a thumbs up. After that, I went to class.

Can't wait to meet him again. I'm not sure why am I so excited to meet him though.
______________________
This chapter is so boring, I know. I don't know how to really know how to continue this book. We'll just see how it ends. Love you guys!💕
- BaeJungkook2906 <3