Chapter Five

I've been sitting in this quiet room for thirty minutes now. If they already know it's cancer then why the hell have I been waiting thirty minutes for Sam to get back from x-rays?

I start to hear footsteps down the hall and I roll my eyes thinking that they heard me or something but happy he's finally back. The door opens and I see Sam walk in with scared and nervous eyes.

"Did he talk to you?" Sam whispers. I nod my head and look at him with sympathy.

"Okay Sam. So we did some X-rays and we're sorry to say but you have bone cancer." The shorter man says. I know Sam will be okay but I can't help but look away from everyone when I hear that word.

The doctor explains to Sam what will happen and that he will have to have to come in tomorrow for some tests and then we go from there.

Thanking the doctors we walk out in silence and quietly walk to the car. Once we both sit down I stare at the wheel and don't turn on the car.

"Colby? Are you okay?" Sam asks. I look over at him and nod my head.

"Yeah....fine." I say quietly. I turn on the car and start driving towards the house. The entire ride was quiet but I could see that Sam kept looking over at me.

"Let's go." I say softly once I put the car in drive when we arrive at the house. He gives me a worried look as he gets out not needing help since he has his crutches.

Walking inside the roommates come up to us and all say hi to Sam.

"Hey buddy how did it go?"

"Is your leg healing?"

"Dude we filmed this awesome prank!" They all said at once to Sam. I roll my eyes and head to the living room sitting down on the couch, starring at the black tv.

Cancer. Why the fuck does he have to have cancer? I think to myself. I feel my eyes fill with tears but I push them away.

"Colby want to come to the backyard with all of us?" Corey asks. I look up at Aaron, Corey, Elton and Sam. Sam. Looking at him just makes me want to rip that cancer right out of him so he can be healthy.

I fill the tears start to start again and I shake my head standing up.

"I'm going upstairs." I say quickly pushing past everyone. I head up the stairs and slam my bedroom door closed.

Sitting on the bed I put my head in my hands and sigh.

"Colby?" I hear quietly. I look over and see Sam opened my door a little bit.

"Yeah?"

"Can I come in?"

"Yeah. Yeah of course." I say sitting straighter and wiping my eyes. I watch as Sam walks in and shuts the door behind him before he sits on my bed.

"What's bothering you?"

"The situation we just found out about..."

"But it'll be fine Colby. There's a very good chance I will still survive this."

"I know, I know.....but I just hate it Sam. I really do. I hate thinking about you having Cancer. I hate thinking that I'm gonna have to sit in that waiting room for who knows how long and something might go wrong.

I hate thinking that something could go wrong and I'll be going home by my self and I won't have you anymore..... Sam these things hurt. Every time something happens to you.....it hurts me too." I say looking at Sam with more tears in my eyes.

"Hey, hey come here." Sam says bringing me in a hug, "you will not go home alone. I will be there after the surgery and I will be with you everyday. I'm not going any where."

"Promise?"

"I promise."