Chapter Thirteen

It has been five hours. There is still no word on how Sam is and some of the roommates went home to sleep. I'm left with Brennen and Aaron. All I want to do is see Sam and hold him but that can't happen sadly.

"Hey Colby, I'm gonna head home and get some sleep. Maybe you should do the same. You look exhausted." Brennen says. I look over at Aaron and see he's on his phone.

"Aaron are you gonna be leaving too?" I ask.

"Well your car is the only one here Colby."

"Oh right. How were you gonna get home Brennen?"

"Uber. I'll see you all later okay." Brennen says standing up and walking away. I lean back in my chair and look around seeing not a lot of people are here anymore.

"Aaron come on. Lets go." I say standing up.

"What about Sam?"

"I'm coming back tomorrow morning." I say. I head over to the counter and tell her we are leaving and to call us if anything happens. She nods her head and says a quick bye before we turn to leave.

Once we pull into the driveway we both walk inside and walk straight to our bedrooms. When I enter mine I fall on my bed and get under the covers not getting any sleep but instead memories.

I --- dammit Sam.....I love you." I say looking Sam in the eye as tears roll down my cheeks.

"Colby....you do?"

I nod my head slowly and look down. I feel his finger under my chin and he slowly brings my head up.

"Colby......I do too and I have for a long time."

"You do?" I say as he wipes my tears once again.

"I do." Sam says as he pulls me into a tight hug.

"Are you okay?" I ask softly as I pull away. I give him that certain looks and he smiles nodding his head.

"Are you sure?"

"Positive Colby. I've never felt better in such a long time, even if I did just wake up from a coma." He says laughing. I laugh too at his humor.

_________

What was that thud?"

"My shirt fell....." He says looking down. I give him a confused look and cross my arms.

"But it was louder than just a shirt."

"I was in the shirt." Sam says laughing, "my crutch for caught on the chair." He says walking back over to his bed leaving the door open.

____________

I quickly catch him in my arms before he could fall. Although I'm sitting on the floor now and he's basically sitting on my lap.

"Thanks." He says looking at me. I look at him and my breath hitches. I smile awkwardly.

"Y-yeah no problem." I say. We continue starring at each other until I break the silence.

"W-wanna work some more?"

"I'd rather do this." Sam says as he puts his hand behind my neck and he pulls me in for a kiss. I kiss back immediately.

Once we pull away I look into his eyes and smile

_________

"I never want to fight again. I didn't know what to do all week."

"Same here. Will you go to the doctors with me tomorrow? To check on my cast?"

"Of course I will." I say kissing the top of Sam's head.

"Sleep in here tonight?" I ask quietly.

"Of course." He says smiling.

____________

"Guess whaaat."

"What?"

"I see staars!" He says laughing. I laugh to at his goofiness and shake my head.

"You do? Where are these stars?"

"Behind you! And in front of me!" Sam says looking at Colby. I smile at him and nod my head.

"Yeah I see them too." I say going along with it.

"Colby have you seen my leg???? It's gooooone." Sam says trying to pull the blankets up.

"No Sam. Leave it alone." I say stopping him. He looks at me but sits back down.

"Wanna know how it's gone?"

"How?"

"It's a secret."

"Okay I'm listening." I say smiling.

"A shark bit it off. It was soooo big!"

"Oh really? That's interesting." I say laughing.

__________

"Hi Sam." Elton laughs.

"My leg got bit by a shark." He says laughing.

"That's so cool!" Corey says laughing. I sit back and stare at all the roommates and my boyfriend with a happy smile wanting this moment to last forever.

__________

Waking up from my sleep I sit up confused. I didn't even knew I feel asleep. I roll over and see it's almost noon. My eyes go wide and I quickly get changed before my phone goes off.

"Hello?" I say into the phone.

"Yes. Is this Mr.Brock?"

"It is."

"Good. Sam is out of surgery and doing fine now. He's in room 713. They got the needle out just fine and they fixed the artery too."

"Are you sure everything is fine? The last time you guys said that I almost lost him again." I say into the phone.

"Yes they checked every thing just to make sure. Theres also X-Rays of his leg after surgery that you can see for your self."

"Okay. Thanks I'll be over soon." I say hanging up the phone. I shove it into my pocket and walk down the stairs and into the living room.

"Sam's awake. Hopefully we will be home later tonight."

"What are you gonna do with him? Like after words?"

"I don't know. Maybe we can go on a walk or go to the beach or something."

"The beach?"

"Like walk him on the pier or I can go to a park. Get him some fresh air." I say before I grab my keys and walk out side.

*After the hospital trip*

"You guys can go home now." The doctor says. We say thanks and I wheel Sam out of the hospital and towards the car. Once I help Sam in the car I get in and start driving.

"You haven't really spoken much today." I say toward Sam.

"Neither have you." Sam says looking at me. I shrug my shoulders and turn down the music.

"I've just been thinking I guess. So many things have happened towards you and I don't like it. I also hate knowing that I could of lost you." I say glancing at Sam.

"I was scared too. I guess I'm not talkative because I had a chance of dying."

"Well at least you are here. That's all that matters." I say. I hold his hand and I glance over at him, seeing his smile.

"What if you and I go do something? Like to go the park or something?"

"I'd love that." Sam says. I smile and continue driving straight instead of turning right heading to the park.