Chapter Seven

*Sam's POV*

After Colby's outburst I look at him with fear but also guilt. I've never seen Colby so angry before. He quickly turns around and then I hear his bedroom door slam shut.

I sigh quietly to try and calm my self down but I can't. I can already feel the tears forming.

"Sam? Is it true?" Elton asks quietly. I nod my head and look at the roommates.

"It's um.....it's bone cancer. I go tomorrow morning to get surgery." I say quietly.

"Why didn't you tell us?"

"We only found out yesterday. It's in my leg......I'll be having a fake leg." I say still looking at the floor.

"Is Colby okay?"

"No.......yes freaked out every second of the day. I was acting like a bitch towards him though today....I kind of deserve being yelled at."

"You're the one with cancer though."

"Yeah but he's right. There's two people in this relationship. He has feelings too." I say looking at them, "I promise we will tell you more but let me solve this okay?" I say before I start walking towards the stairs.

Finally getting to Colby's room I knock on the door. Getting no reply I knock again.

"Colby come on........please answer me."

"Why?" I hear softly.

"Will you open the door please?"

"I don't know...."

"Colby come on. I'm sorry for earlier okay? I'm just freaked out."

"So am I." Colby says softly once again. I hear the door unlock but it doesn't open. Taking that as a sign I open the door to see Colby laying on his bed with tears on his cheeks.

"I'm sorry Colby. When I found out about the surgery I didn't know how to feel and you were asking so many questions and I just got angry. I didn't mean to keep pushing it and pushing it. I'm sorry."

"It's fine Sam." Colby says softly almost like he's done robot. Not moving and has no emotion.

"Are you okay?"

"No......my bestfriend and boyfriend has cancer and is losing his leg. Just like you, I don't know how to feel at this moment." Colby says still staring at the wall.

"Are you scared for tomorrow?"

"I'm going to be scared the rest of my life Sam. I'm going to be scared tomorrow in the waiting room. I'm going be scared when you have to stay in the hospital to heal.

I'm going to be scared when you get your new leg and I'm going to be scared everyday you use that new leg. You have cancer Sam. Its taking your leg away. I'm going to be scared until I know you are better and that you are emotionally fine after all this." Colby says finally sitting up after the last sentence. I stare at him and he states at me.

"Why did it have to come to this?" He asks softly.

"I'm not sure."

"It's not fair."

"Life isn't fair Colby."

"I know that." He says smiling softly. I smile too since I finally saw his smile.

"I want McDonald's." I say making him look at me.

"You want your last meal before surgery to be McDonald's?"

"Yes now let's go." I say standing up. He laughs at my silliness but stands up anyways.

"Guys! Let's go to McDonald's!" I scream as we head down the stairs, I turn towards Colby who's smile dropped once I yelled at the roommates.

"What?"

"Huh? Nothing. I was just thinking." Colby says looking at me, "let's to get McDonalds shall we?"

Is he jealous of the roommates? I think to myself, why in the world would he be jealous of them?