Chapter Eleven

Coming home from the hospital I help Sam into his wheelchair. I then roll him into the house where all the roommates and Brennen surprises us with a sign and some treats.

"Guys I was gone for a day." Sam says laughing.

"Yes but you were in the hospital." Elton says. Sam nods in agreement. I roll him into the kitchen and take out the pills and his clothes.

"Colby?"

"Yeah Sam?" I ask looking at him.

"I need to take my pain medication." He says looking at me. I nod my head and grab them off the table and hand Sam the pills and a water bottle that was on the counter.

"Do you want to watch some tv?" I ask. He nods his head and we wheel him into the living room where everyone else is. I slowly lift him up and sit him on the couch.

"Aweeeeeee." Corey says trying to get on our nerves.

"Oh shut up." I say laughing. I put a blanket on Sam and sit next to him throwing my arm around him.

"I hate this movie." Sam says quietly for only me to hear. I laugh at him and he smiles.

"You quiet the entertainment yesterday. We could always watch the video Brennen filmed."

"What did I do?" Sam says looking at me with scared eyes.

"Well your leg apparently got bit by a shark. You saw stars. You though Corey was a homeless leprican and you thought Brennen was a gay doctor and then you thought I was your brother and when I tried kissing you, you told me no."

"Oh my god." Sam says putting his head in the pillow, "I don't want to watch that."

"Good. Then watch the horrible movie in front of your eyes." I say. He starts laughing and all the roommates look at us.

"What's funny?"

"Nothing." We both say. They all nod their heads slowly and turn back towards the movie.

After about two hours I finally got bored of sitting on the couch. Most of the roommates were in their rooms but Brennen and Corey. They were in the kitchen with me. So Sam was in the living room with Buddy.

"Colby!" Sam yells in pain, "Cooolby!" He yells again. I run over to the living room with Brennen and Corey.

"Sam? Sam are you okay?" I ask sitting next to him. His entire face had tears rolling down his cheeks and he was trying to grab his leg.

"It hurts.....it hurts so badly."

"You need pain medication?" I asks worried.

"No.....no this doesn't feel right. It hurts to much and I feel light headed......dizzy......it hurts to fucking badly." Sam says laying his head on my shoulder. His crying getting louder.

"Get his wheelchair Brennen. Corey get the roommates okay? We're going back to the hospital."

They both nod their head and soon Brennen comes back with the wheelchair. I gently lay Sam in the chair as the roommates run down quickly.

"Who has the biggest car?"

"You do Colby. You drive, Sam will go with you and I'll come too. So will Corey." Brennen says.

"I'll drive Aaron and I." Elton says. We all go outside and get in separate cars. I hold Sam's hand once I get inside and all he's doing is crying and whining.

"Shhh you'll be okay." I whisper. We finally make it to the hospital and bring Sam in.

"He's in pain. Badly and he just had his leg amputated yesterday." I say at the desk. Soon doctors run in and lay Sam on a bed and roll him down the hallway.

"Wait! Wait you can't just take him that quickly. I didn't even say bye!" I scream.

"Colby. Colby. Sit down. He'll be fine." Brennen says.

"That's what everyone said last time. And look where we are again." I say walking out of the hospital to get some air.

_________________________

Hint: No one is going to die so that's good👍😂