Chapter Two: Liar, Liar

"You... you're...I...ugh." Yuri struggled to get her words out and then fell towards the floor.

I caught her by her waist and everyone's eyes in the diner stared at me.

"She sure does faint a lot..." I said to myself.

"Excuse us ladies and gentlemen, she's just a little tired is all." I said, trying my best to sound nonchalant.

I picked up Yuri in my arms and walked out the restaurant. I don't think she was gonna wake up any time soon.

I walked out to the parking lot and saw a familiar SUV with the NWG logo on the driver side door and hood.

I looked down at Yuri and saw an indentation of a key in her breast pocket of her shirt. I slowly placed my hand in the pocket and slowly saw Yuri's face twitch.

I yanked the key our of her shirt and put it in the car door. To my satisfaction, the door unlocked with a click.

"Oh thank God...I thought I was gonna have to walk home." I said while chuckling to myself in relief.

I placed Yuri in the passenger seat and I hopped in the driver seat. I started the SUV and started driving back to my house.

"Shit...how am I gonna explain this to the girls...?" I asked myself.

I told Vinnie, who visited me every now and then in prison, to tell the girls that I was taken by David.

Hopefully they won't be too mad at me. I really don't want to beat up again...I've already got my ass kicked once tonight.

I drove up the driveway of my 4 Bedroom "Mansion" that I bought sometime ago. I chuckled when I thought about the reason that I got this house.

I recalled about how Monika thought that I was Cosgrove and threw Molotovs at my apartment. If that isn't a "Burning Passion" then I don't know what is....okay I'll stop.

I opened the door and all of the lights were out in the house. I heard a TV from the back of the house.

I held Yuri in my arms as I took a look in the living room. I saw Monika staring at the TV with dead eyes. There was no emotion in her face.

She was hugging a pillow on her chest with a gallon of ice cream next to her. She didn't even hear me walk in the door...she was just staring at the TV.

I walked upstairs and went into a room that I assumed was Yuri's. I placed her on her bed and walked back downstairs.

I came to the bottom of the steps until I saw a silhouette in the corner of my eye. I turned to see a pair of glowing eyes staring at me. It was Monika.

She was staring at me from down the hallway. She began to slowly walk towards me.

"Hey... Monika..." I said nervously.

"WHERE WERE YOU!?" Monika said angrily while running towards me. She approached me and slapped me across the face as hard as she could.

I took a couple steps back holding my face.

"M-Monika... P-please..." I said.

"Where were you?! Oh wait, let me guess? You were 'seeing friends' or 'handling business' huh?" Monika said while on the verge of tears.

"I was-" I tried to explain myself but Monika cut me off.

"We thought that you died! Why do you keep doing this to us?! You can't just disappear and then reappear into our lives!" She yelled.

"Monika I'm...sorry" I said sadly.

"You're a fucking coward! All's you do is run away from your problems! You think you're a hero, but all's you are is a fucking murderer!" Monika yelled while tears streamed down her face.

"Monika..." I was fighting back tears as I tried to talk.

"I can't believe you would come back here...I FUCKING HATE YOU!" Monika screamed.

I felt a sudden pain in my chest. It hurt more than being shot...it was almost as if someone stabbed me, but it hurt even more than that. Monika's words repeated and echoed through my head.

"Fine then..." I said.

"W-wait...I didn't mean that..." Monika said softly, realizing what she just said.

I ignored Monika and turned away. I opened the door and closed the door behind me. As I left I heard Monika telling me to wait.

I whipped tears away from my eyes as I got in my SUV. I drove away into the distant night while fighting the sharp pain I felt in my chest.

"W-why don't they love me anymore...?" I asked myself.

"Murderer..." That word kept ringing in my head. I stopped my car in front of a cheap motel and looked down at my hands.

"She's right...I'm a murderer...." I said to myself.

I rested my head on my steering wheel as tears fell from my lonely eyes.

"Happiness...All's I wanted...was happiness."

I closed my eyes and soon fell asleep. I woke up sitting on a small stool on top of a white platform.

"What did you do?!" Odysseus said while running towards me.

I stood up and faced the angel.

"I've earned my happiness! I don't care if they hate me! I didn't deserve to be put in that hell of a jail cell! I did all of this to save those girls so I've deserved my happiness!" I yelled.

"You've just given yourself bad karma Spencer!" Odysseus yelled back at me.

"I don't care! This is my life, I did your part and helped you." I said softly.

I sat back down on the stool and turned away from the angel.

I felt a soft sensation on my back. I tried to look over my shoulder.

Odysseus was hugging my back with her face up to it.

"I'm...I'm sorry Spencer..." She said.

"We're in this together Odysseus...I'll figure out how to fix this..." I said.

"Are you about to leave Spencer?" Odysseus asked.

"Yeah...I've got someplace I need to be." I said.

"Just...stay safe, will you?" Odysseus said.

"I'll do my best... good-bye Odysseus." I said.

"Goodbye Spencer."

-----------------------------------------------------------