Chapter Seven: Dead and Gone

"Sayori...has...a... boyfriend." Monika's words echoed in my head over and over again.

"What's his name?" I asked.

"Uh...Hector I think. He's a total tool." Natsuki said.

"He's...a little forceful towards Sayori too...he's pretty mean to her." Monika said.

"Maybe they're just having relationship problems." I said.

Honestly I loved Sayori, but I understood the fact that I left without telling her anything.

She probably became too lonely so she found a new boyfriend.

"Possibly...I mean he was really nice to her at first but then he just got so...mad..." Monika said hesitantly. "I actually think he's with her right now..."

"By the way, we should probably go and wake up Yuri sometime soon." Natsuki said.

"Yeah her shift starts in a little bit." Monika added.

"Here I'll go and wake her up, I gotta explain some things to her anyway." I said.

I picked up my Beretta from off the ground and placed it in my suit pocket.

I walked upstairs and into Yuri's room. She was laying on her side facing away from her door.

I took a seat on the side of her bed and decided to play a joke on her.

"Yuri wake up you dummy." I said in a high pitched voice, trying to do a good Natsuki impression.

"My shift doesn't start for another 30 minutes Natsuki, let me enjoy my last bit of sleep." Yuri said half asleep.

"I'm gonna steal this pen on your nightstand then." I said, still doing my Natsuki impression.

"Don't you fucking dare!" Yuri said in an evil voice while she sat up in bed.

She turned to face me. She looked intently at my face, studying it for a second. Luckily this time she didn't faint.

"Spencer...?"

"Yuri...?"

Yuri jumped on me and I landed on my back on Yuri's bed. Yuri was on top of me, with our faces just inches apart. I could feel mine and Yuri's chests touching.

To my surprise, Yuri layed a kiss on my lips, holding me in place for a couple of seconds.

Note to self: Yuri gets lonely easily.

She let go of me and whipped her mouth, as the kiss she gave me was a sloppy one.

"G-Good morning to you too Yuri." I said, having a total Deja Vu moment.

Yuri put her hands on my face and made sure that I was real.

"This...this isn't a dream..." Yuri said.

"No it's not...I mean you can kiss me again to make sure..." I said jokingly.

Yuri let out a giggle and hugged me.

"It's good to see you again..." She said.

"It's good to see you too." I said.

I let go of Yuri and helped her get her clothes together for work.

"I really don't want to go to work today..." Yuri said. "I just want to stay here with you..."

"What was that last part?" I said.

"Oh heh nothing, you know me, just talking to myself sometimes." Yuri said while nervously giggling.

"We have plenty of money here...why did you get a job?" I asked.

"We do? But Natsuki told me..."

Oh my God...Natsuki pranked Yuri into getting a job.

"NATSUKI!" Yuri yelled.

"Y-Yuri calm down..." I said.

Yuri got up and started walking towards her door. I grabbed her by her wrist before she left and she looked back at me.

I guess she gets entranced whenever I touch her hand. I let go and she looked at her hand.

"B-Blood?" She said.

"Wait what?" I said.

I looked down at my arms to see that there was blood trickling down to my wrist. There were multiple shards of porcelain in my arms.

"Oh sorry...I got some blood on you...here I'll go bandage myself." I said.

"Wait!" Yuri said.

"What?"

"Let me do it."

"Uh...okay." I said.

I sat down on the ground and Yuri went and grabbed a first aid kit from the bathroom.

I pulled the shards out of my skin while taking sharp inhales through my teeth.

"Damn, Monika's always trying to kill me." I said while chuckling a little.

Yuri returned with the first aid kit and began whipping my arms with a towel.

"Thank you Yuri." I said.

"It's...it's...my pleasure." Yuri said. I guess she was amazed with cleaning my arms.

She slowly rapped the bandages around my arms and then I realized something.

"Hey Yuri, you remember when me and you were in this exact situation back at your house?" I said.

"Y-Yes...vaguely though. The entire time I felt like something was ahold of my heart." Yuri said.

"Woah...why's that?" I said.

"I lost something...very...VERY... important to me."

"What's that?"

"My book...it was called the portrait of Markov."

It felt like something just dropped in my chest when I heard those words.

"Y-Yuri...what was that book about?" I asked.

"I...Can I tell you something private." She said.

"Anything."

"That book was like...it told me what to do. It put thoughts into my head. I think it was actually the thing that made me cut myself so often..." Yuri said. "But ever since it went missing, I've stopped cutting and I feel almost...safe, but it's just hard to go back to being 'normal' you know?"

"Yeah I understand Yuri." I said. "Just...let me know if those feelings ever come back." I said while patting Yuri's head.

"Alright...I'll try my best."

I should probably tell the girls about the third eye and all that jazz, but I'll tell them at a later time.

Yuri finished wrapping my bandages and I thanked her.

For the first time since prison, I got to take a shower, and it was by far one of the most heavenly things I've ever felt. Especially because there wasn't a bunch of guys looking at my ass. (Bad Joke)

I got out of the shower and got ready for my day. I wore a blue flannel and a pair of blue jeans. I was gonna go clothes shopping for myself later.

I walked downstairs and met Monika in the kitchen.

"Yeah Yuri's pretty pissed about Natsuki tricking her..." Monika said.

"I would be too...however I don't mind seeing Yuri in that tight diner uniform." I said while glaring at Yuri.

"Eyes on the real prize lover boy..." Monika said jealously, trying to get my attention.

Suddenly my front door opened and I saw a familiar face. Sayori walked in with a man. The man had a mean look on his face and Sayori looked like she was on the verge of tears.

"Sayori?"

-----------------------------------------------------------