4 - I Carry Your Heart With Me

Candice walked downstairs the next morning, heading in the direction of the kitchen, when she came face to face with Enzo. While he'd been basically living with them all, she'd barely seen him around lately, not since they first took Caroline as revenge of killing Malcolm.

"Wouldn't go in there, if I were you." He told her, making her freeze in the doorway. "Lily and Valerie are having words. If I were a betting man, I'd say someone is in trouble."

She rose a brow at his words, before realization hit her. "Oh." She said, her mouth forming a circular shape. "No matter, I'll just grab a coffee while at Whitmore."

"Whitmore?" Enzo repeated with a skeptical look. "Looking to partake in modern day education?"

"Joke as much as you please, I think I'd grasp an college education rather easily." She told him with a frown, trying to ignore his amused smirk. "No, I'm heading to meet Nora and Mary Louise. Damon didn't bring Oscar back, so we are going to find out what he's done with him."

"You took Caroline hostage, kidnapped Elena's coffin, and hid the grave of your beloved sister. You know, the love of his life. Not to mention you burned some of the letters she left for him." Enzo listed to her, following behind as she walked toward the front door, grabbing her jacket from the stair railing. "Damon being difficult doesn't surprise me, which means getting answers from him will be even harder."

"You undermine my talents when it comes to the Salvatore brothers." Candice replied with a cocky smile. "I grew up with them, I know how to annoy them, and I know how to get Damon to talk... It just may take a little extra persuasion this time." She finished.

"Which is what?" Enzo asked as he strolled toward her, raising a brow at the look that she wore. "You have something up your sleeve, clearly. So what?"

She simply tapped the sie of her nose. "All in good time, Lorenzo." She brushed off the topic, making curosity fill his face even more. "Have a good day, won't you?" She called over her shoulder as she walked out, closing the door behind her.

*******

From her brief visit here when first out of the prison world, Candice guessed her way around the Whitmore campus, clutching an iced coffee in her right hand. So far, she'd been unsuccessful in finding the Salvatore brothers, or Nora and Mary Louise. She'd gotten a brief text off Nora, explaining Oscar was no where to be found when they confronted Damon and Stefan, but there was still no word from him.

Which was worrying, to say the least.

"What a surprise." A familiar voice rang in her ears, making her roll her eyes but no look away from the notice board she was eyeing. "When two mean girls come to wreak havoc, I should of known the third wouldn't be far behind."

A smirk twitched onto her lips. "Have I reached mean girl status? I'm honored, Caroline."

The blonde rolled her eyes, walking to stand at her side. "What are you doing here? Come to help Mary Louise and Nora find their hourly victims?"

"The girls are more then capable of finding their next meal alone." She told her, finally turning to look at the Forbes girl beside her. "I had came to talk to Damon, maybe make this easier on everyone involved. Haven't seen him, have you?"

"No." Caroline responded in a blunt manner. "But Stefan's here, and I'm sure if it has to do with where you've hidden the grave of my best friend, he'd be more then willing to pass the message along." Her eyes then narrowed on Evan's girl, the look she wore darkening significantly. "That was cruel, by the way. The fact you went along with it is despicable."

"Find a new song to sing, blondie." Candice sighed, pulling a flyer off the notice board. "I've heard that one, it's getting old."

Caroline let out a huff, but Candice paid her no attention. Instead, her eyes scanned the flyer she had pulled down, which advertised a dance. The Heaven and Hell dance, to fit the halloween season. Caroline watched the youngest Evans girl, as her eyes sparked with noticable interest, much like interest had been sparked in Mary Louise and Nora.