8 - Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me

"Little early, isn't it?"

Candice merely shook her head, as she sat herself down on the couch. "We're planning on killing someone I used to consider family for a very long time." She reminded Damon, as she, the brothers, and Enzo gathered in the study. "I think a drink is justified."

"Speaking of..." Damon trailed off, his eyes flickering over to his brother. "What's the plan?"

"Julian needs to die today." Stefan stated firmly. "Everything has to appear normal. Julian's not an idiot. If he finds out Lily's turned on him, we're all dead."

Enzo, who perched on the edge of the desk, broke the silence he'd had since he arrived. "So you...embedded her with psychopath." He commented, looking less than pleased with everything he was hearing. "Sounds logical."

"Hey, don't look at me! I voted to drive a stake through her heart and get rid of all this Julian-mama drama once and for all." Damon defended himself, holding his hands in the air innocently. "But, hey, complicated plan A sounds like a happy compromise."

Stefan gives him an annoyed look. "It's not complicated! We get Julian's blood, and then, Nora, Beau, or Mary Louise use it to unlink him from Lily, and we kill the bastard." He explains to them simply.

"Uh, you glossed over the important bit- Do you really think that Beau, Mary Louise, or Nora are going to help?" Enzo asked, his voice holding the skepticism his voice was showing. "Julian treats Lily's heretics like they're his own royal children. And they worship him right back. They'll never turn on him."

The eldest brother smirked toward them. "The old stake through the hearts looking like a pretty good alternative right now. Just saying..."

Candice tutted at him. "Such little faith, Damon. Besides, we already thought of this, and we have nuclear option ready." She told them, 

Enzo scoffs at her. "Which is?"

"Me and Candice." All their heads snapped toward the doorway, where Valerie now stood. "We know how to win them over to our side."

"Oh, great. Yeah. Last time I checked, she was the black sheep of the family, and she had earned herself the same title." Enzo told them, pointing at Valerie then at Candice in disbelief. "What are you gonna tell them to make them feel otherwise?"

Getting up from the couch, Candice walked over to stand beside Valerie. "Me and Valerie have been known to never get along. If they see us working together, not bickering and agreeing, then it will make them think." She explained to him, glancing at the heretic beside her. "As for what we are going to tell them...."

Valerie took that as her moment. "The truth." 

************

With the plan set to go ahead, Candice, Valerie, and Damon left to head to Nora and Mary Louise anniversary party. If it wasn't for Caroline appearing at the last minute, Stefan would of been with them, but instead he stayed with her and would catch up later. So, while Damon went to go check on Lily, Valerie and Candice went to go find Nora, Mary Louise, and Beau. 

It was silent between the pair, as they walked toward the lake at back of the large property, where Valerie could heard two familiar voices. In all honesty, neither of them were sure what to say. They were planning the death of people that were meant to be family, even if they weren't related by blood. 

Sure enough, they found Mary Louise and Nora, and watched as the pair got engaged under the sunset. The pair had tears in their eyes, and wide smiles on their faces, as they embraced one another in a kiss. It looked like a magical moment between the pair, the area decorated in pink and white roses, strings of lights covering the white railing.