15 - A Streetcar Named Desire

In the Mikaelson compound, Freya paces around the study, while Elijah stands watching her tensely. Pausing in her tracks, she turns on her heel, giving her brother an incredulous look. "You daggered Rebekah? And you're just telling me now?"

"She sacrificed herself in order to protect us." Elijah explained to her calmly. "And, to protect her, I've told Niklaus, and I'm telling you. No one would have known Rebekah's whereabouts if Aurora had taken my life."

"The prophecy says you three will be felled by friend, family, and foe." Freya recites knowingly. "Rebekah was fallen by family. That leaves friend and foe." She crosses her arms over her chest, giving Elijah a look. "You and Klaus have a lot of foes."

He nods slowly. "Just one of two." He admits.

"Thankfully, not many friends." Her words earn a look from Elijah, and she simply gives him a small smirk in return.

Before either could say anything else, Klaus entered the study, Stefan, Candice, and Amelia following behind him. "Freya, this is Stefan Salvatore, an old friend." Elijah rolls his eyes at the sight of Stefan, as Freya gives Klaus a hard look. "One of my trickle down sirelings. Long story." He looks at the Salvatore next to him. "Stefan, this is Freya, my brand new older sister. Also a long story." Patting him on the shoulder, he looks at his older sister. "Stefan needs a favour."

The Mikaelson witch moved her stony glare onto Stefan, narrowing her eyes at him. "You're an old 'friend', are you?"

"Well..." He trails off awkwardly. "That kind of depends on your definition."

Still scowling, Freya then looks at Candice and Amelia, her suspicious glare not fading. "And you two are?"

"Yet another long story." Klaus spoke before either sister could, noticing the look Elijah wore as he saw Amelia. "You remember Amelia, brother." He began, Freya looking between her brothers in confusion, until Klaus continued. "Freya, this is Amelia Evans. We've spoken about her before, a very good family friend. Until recently, we thought she was dead, as it turns out she is very much alive. Human, in fact, and need of help with her current memory problem." He then nodded to Candice. "This is Candice, her sister. We've only just met, but if she's Amelia's family, she's trustworthy."

"Freya will help you with what you need." Elijah said after a moment, pushing any question he had aside. "A word in private, Niklaus?"

With that, both Klaus and Elijah left, leaving the three alone with Freya. Clearing her throat, Candice gave her an awkward smile, trying to ignore the tension in the room. "Nice to meet you?" She said, holding her hand out to her.

Freya frowns, but shakes her hand anyway, her narrowed eyes darting between the three as she does so.

**************

Sitting him down on the couch, Freya undoes the top few buttons of Stefan's shirt, opening it to see the x shaped mark on his chest. Amelia sat on the couch beside him, slowly drinking a herbal drink the witch handed to her, which apparently would help with the memory spell she wanted to try. Meanwhile, Candice stood leaning against one of the many bookshelves in the study, her arms crossed as she watched in interest.

Watching as she examined the mark, Stefan cleared his throat. "So, um, just full disclosure..." He began, breaking the awkward silence. "I dated your sister once."

Freya glanced from the wound to him, rolling her eyes with a chuckle. "Oh. While that seems like a great story, let's get back to your wound. A mystical vampire huntress stabbed you with her magic sword." She began. "Klaus killed her, but, surprise, surprise...she regenerates." Gathering up the things she needed, she walked back over and sat in front of him. "And won't rest until you're dead."