12 - Postcards From The Edge

The thought of Rayna Cruz reappearing in their lives terrified Nora and Candice. The scar on Beau's chest assured that he would be a target for her, Nora and Mary Louise along with her. Even though she wasn't a vampire, and wasn't one of Rayna's targets, the thought she could kill the people she cared about made her scared. So, they had made a plan with Bonnie to track her down and find a way to stop her, before she could track them down.

The witch and heretic sat on the floor of Alaric's office, each of them holding the one end of the phoenix sword. A map sat on the floor in front of them, and lit candles surrounding them, as the pair started on a locator spell. 

"What do you mean, Damon's spiralling?" Candice asked in a quiet voice, as she stepped outside the office. 

"I mean, he just decapitated one Julian's men with a lunch menu." Valerie explained down the phone. "He's seems very intent on getting under Julian's skin." 

The Evans girl inhaled deeply, closing her eyes in frustration. "Good, so he's put himself on some sort of suicide mission." Candice nodded, sarcasm thick in her voice as she continued. "Great, this is exactly what we need right now." 

"I just thought I'd let you know. Stefan's asked for my help with something, so I'll let him know." Valerie told her with a sigh. "How's the locator spell going?"

Candice looked back inside, to see both Bonnie and Nora sat with their eyes closed, chanting the incantation. "Just getting started. We have a plan, if we can pull it off though, is another story." She said, her confidence in the task at hand fading. "Look, I'll call you with any updates. Let me know what's going on with the brothers. The last thing we need is Damon getting himself killed by Julian, it will send Stefan over the edge."

"Will do."

Hanging up, Candice shoved her phone back in her pocket and headed back into the office, to see that a familiar blonde had now joined them. She exchanged a glance with Bonnie, who had also picked up on the awkward tension between the two exes. 

"You got one too." The blonde heretic comments, nodding to the post card on the map. 

Nora gave her a look. "What about Julian?" She asks sarcastically.

Mary Louise just sighs at her attitude, trying not to bite back at it. "No. But I said we'd take care of the problem." She says, and even glances at Candice as she continues. "For all our sakes."

"Your vampire huntress is currently residing somewhere in Cincinnati." Bonnie tells them, as Candice walked over to look at where the locator spell had pointed them to.

She furrowed her brow, as she bent down to get a closer look, as Cincinnati began to set off alarm bells in her head. "Let's get going, Nora, Candice. The sooner she's dead, the better." Mary Louise states, expecting the two to follow as she turns on her heel to leave. 

"Do you think I did that locator spell just for a tune up?" Bonnie scoffs loudly, making her pause. "I'm going with you."

Mary Louise sneers at her patronisingly. "We're good, thanks."

"Uh, I wasn't asking." Bonnie tells her firmly, looking unfazed. "The last thing I need is a so-called ruthless killing machine going after any of my friends. I need to protect them, and it's not like I can trust either one of you to take her down." As the Evans girl shot her a look, Bonnie rolled her eyes. "It's not like you'll be much of  match, Candice. No offence." 

"And what makes you think we trust you?" Mary Louise shot back irritably. 

Nora glares at Mary Louise. "I trust her, Candice trusts her. She actually cares about the well-being of others. Unlike you, who only cares about pleasing Julian."