14 - Moonlight On The Bayou

"You look good, for someone who just gave birth to twin siphon witch babies."

Caroline rolled her eyes with a small smile, eagerly accepting the coffee Candice held out to her when she entered the room. "Well, like I told Alaric, it's one of the only perks of a vampire pregnancy." 

Candice chuckled, perching on the edge of the blonde's hospital bed, sipping at her own coffee. "I honestly didn't think that would ever be a sentence I'd hear said." She mused honestly. "Yet, here we are."

In the wake of everything going on with Stefan, and having just recovered from having the twins, Caroline was coping with everything pretty well. After hearing she was leaving with Alaric, deciding to help him with his move to Dallas, Candice knew she needed to see her before she left. The youngest Evans girl glanced out of the room door, where she knew her sister was waiting, and then looked back at the Forbes vampire. 

"So, there's something you don't know." Candice began, causing Caroline to raise a brow. "With everything that was going on, there wasn't a right time to tell you. But now you're heading to Dallas, and we won't be here when you get back, so now seemed like a good time."

"Where will you be?" Caroline asked in confusion, then it clicked what she said. "Wait, we? Who's with you?"

"Just...don't freak out, okay? It's a long story." Candice told her calmly, and got to her feet, poking her head out into the hallway. "You can come in now."

"Candice, what's goi-" Caroline's eyes widened in disbelief, covering her mouth with her hands. "Oh my God..." She breathed out, staring at who now stood in the doorway shyly. "Oh my God...Amelia?"

Amelia looked at her shyly, not exactly sure what to say. Together, Candice and Damon had explained to her about everyone, giving her the details of her life she didn't remember. She knew who everyone was now, and what exactly they were, which put the fears her nightmares caused at ease. But she still had none of the memories they all did. Both of them assured her not to worry about that, especially Candice, who had a plan on potentially getting her memories back.

But it didn't stop her wondering about them.

"Hi..." Amelia let out quietly, giving a small smile.

"We don't know how, or why, but it's really her." Candice explained as Caroline got to her feet. "She doesn't have any of the memories, which we're working on. It's why we're leaving, to hopefully get them back. But I thought you'd want to kn-" She stopped as the blonde vampire wrapped her sister in a tight hug, which after a moment of hesitation, Amelia returned gently.

"I can't believe your hear." The Forbes girl let out, pulling away to look at her properly. "You're actually here." A wide smile formed on her face. "Oh, this is great. I mean, the no memories, that's bad. But entirely fixable! We'll make sure of it." Both sisters couldn't help but watch her ramble with smiles of amusement. "You need to meet the girls before you go."

"Well, looks like I picked the perfect time." The three girls turned around, to see Alaric stood in the doorway, pushing a hospital cradle carefully in front of him. He smiled at Amelia, who gave a small smile back, her eyes laid on the sleeping babies in the cradle. Carefully, he picked up one of the girls and handed her to Caroline, before taking the other in his arms and walked closer the Evans sisters. "This is Elizabeth, Lizzie, in honour of Caroline's mother."

"That's beautiful." Candice awed. 

"And this is Josie." Caroline walked closer, gently passing the baby over to Amelia, who held her carefully. She looked at the sleeping child now in her arms, looking down at her in awe. "Josie Amelia Saltzman." Stunned, Amelia looked up and looked between Caroline and Alaric, who smiled brightly at her reaction. "In honour of Jo, her mother, and you." Caroline rested a hand softly on her shoulder. "My best friend."