Prologue

Inside of a plain room, a girl sits in a chair, staring blankly at the wall ahead of her. The room is white, or at least it meant to be. The paint is chipped, specks of dirt covering it that no one had ever bothered to clean. There wasn't much in the room, apart from the one window that had a view of the lower alley, and the single bed placed in the corner near it.

The girl sat in grey sweats, her hair swept up in a messy bun on her head, with white bandages wrapped around her hands. Occasionally, her eyes would flicker from the wall to her hands, which rested in her lap. Nothing seemed to put in a spark in her eyes, they just remained empty and dull, like all of the life had drained out of her. Yet, there she sat, her chest moving to prove that she was in fact breathing.

"Miss?" A voice asked, as the door to the room squeaked open. The girl didn't move, not acknowleding the woman now stood in front of her, dressed in a nurses uniform. "You've got a visitor, Miss."

While her eyes remained dull, her brain began to spark with curiosity. She never got visitors, not in the time since she had been admitted here. To have visitors, she would have to some idea who she was, so that she could find any friends or family she may have to visit. Yet, she had no idea who she was. Each day, as she stared blankly at the wall ahead of her, she's try to figure that out. She'd reciete different names in her head, to see if any of them seemed familiar to her. So far, she had yet to have any luck.

Sometimes, when she was sleeping, she would see faces in her head. Only, they weren't normal. They looked like people. Normal, average, human beings. Then, their faces would change. Their eyes would turn crimson red, and veins started to crawl underneath their eyes. It was like these average people had suddenly been processed by a demon. Before these dreams could go any further, she'd bolt awake in bed, screaming at the top of her lungs. It wasn't long till a nurse would come in and sedate her when that happened.

When they would try to find out what happened, she wouldn't say anything. She'd just remain silent, like she did each time someone tried to talk to her, and mentally dread falling alseep when night came. It was a never-ending cycle of events, that took a bigger toll on her each time.

"Now, I must warn, she doesn't speak much." She heard the nurse say, in what she guessed was her version of a hushed whisper. "I wouldn't expect much. Most days, all she does is sit in that chair. She's barely spoken a word since she was brought here."

The girl continued to stare blankly at the wall. She felt utterly content, and wished that she could go back to being in utter silence. It was better then hearing people talk about her, acting like she was a lost cause, and would always being a hopeless case. She didn't shift her eyes from the wall, as two new figures appeared in the doorway, looking at her warily. Unlike most, when they looked at her, they looked shocked. Most would give her a blank expression, glance her up and down once or twice, before doing what was needed and leaving.

But not these new visitors.

Slowly, she shifted her eyes away from the wall, and onto them. One was female, was dirt brown hair and green eyes, staring at her with her mouth agape. To put it into simple terms, it looked like she had seen a ghost. The other was male, with raven black hair and icy blue eyes, staring at her intently.

"Oh my God..." The female trailed off, tears brimming in the corners of her eyes. "Amelia?"

It was like they expected saying that name would do something. But, it didn't. The name rang no bells in her mind, it felt completely unfamiliar. But, something did make the girl change. She suddenly went pale, her eyes growing wide in fear as she stared at the male in the room, who's eyes hadn't left her since he walked inside.

He was one of them. 

"Get out." She whispered, making them blink in confusion. As they made no attempt to move, she jumped to her feet, and began to back away from them, not stopping till she had completely blocked herself into a corner. "Get out. Get out. GET OUT!"

The man took a step forward, holding his hands out toward her. "Hey, Amelia, it's okay. It's okay, it's me."

The name again just confused the girl more, as she began rapidly shaking her head. The female put a hand on the male's shouler, as if telling him to step back, but he wasn't listening. So, the girl did the one thing she always did, when she saw this face in her dreams. As that is what he was. He was one of the faces, one of the demon type creatures she saw in her dreams, that terrified her to the core.

She screamed at the top of her lungs, and didn't stop till a nurse was acting as a barrier between them, and the two visitors were being escorted oout of the room. Her back pressed against the cold wall, she slid down it to the floor, bringing her knees up to her chest. She hugged them tightly, burying her face into her chest and squeezing her eyes shut, hearing them calling the name Amelia out in the hallway.

All it did was make her more scared.

The prologue! I've had this drafted for a while, and I debated it to do something else for the prologue, but I decided this was best. A little insight to a future chapter, where everything shall be explained.

Until then, I hope you enjoyed!