richie meets eddie's family owo

(tw 'cause of minor homophobic situations soz)

eddie pulled into his childhood home's driveway. he sighed loud, and hung his head down.

"richie, please know that my big ass family are a bunch of pains. they'll either pester you with questions or they'll make crude comments. there's no escape."

richie grabbed eddie's hand and squeezed it. "i'll be okay. i don't give a shit about other people's opinions, really. i mean, how bad can they be?"

eddie groaned. "you'll see."

they kissed quickly, and got out of the car. they maneuvered through the other cars packed into the driveway and on the street, and gave eachother one last look before going up the steps.

they were invited to sonia kaspbrak's annual summer family party, which eddie's missed the past 2 years due to work and being far away from home. he lived down in texas, where he went to texas state university with his boyfriend, richie. they were already childhood friends and highschool sweethearts, so sonia already knew richie and his crude jokes towards her, which she did not appreciate, but she really didn't mind richie all that much, since he's older now and he's matured. it took sonia a little while to get used to the idea of eddieandrichie, but she's alright with it now.

eddie's relatives however, didn't really know about eddieandrichie. they knew eddie was gay, and some of his older relatives didn't understand, and one family on his dad's side didn't like him, but that's all. he did have a lot of family though. and they were all here.

they walked up the steps to the front door. they could hear people out back, and in the house. it was a warm summer day, and eddie was beautifully tanned from all of the sun exposure, while richie didn't tan, but luckily didn't burn either.

as eddie raised his fist to knock on the door, he heard kids screaming behind them, and they whipped around to see his 2 small annoying kid cousins, Allen and Sean, throwing water balloons at eachother. Sean threw a balloon and it smashed onto their car, and they watched as the 2 of them cackled and proceeded to throw the rest of the balloons gathered in their teeny hands onto their car.
eddie smacked his hand to his forehead. "see what i mean? evil." richie laughed, and starting rubbing eddie's back.

"we'll be fine. we can leave whenever you want, i won't mind. and besides, we should pay mike and stan a visit while we're here. stan called me the other day and told me he and mike finally finished the bar, and i want to get wasted so-" they were interrupted by the kids yelling.

"why does the back of this car say texas?!"

eddie yelled back. "probably because it's mine!"

sean and allen looked up at the voice and came running. they attacked both of eddie's legs, leaving richie to start laughing and the twins to look up at the tall stranger.

"who's that?" allen asked.

"that would be my plus one, richie." eddie explained. there was no point in being blunt and saying boyfriend, not that either of them minded. he just didn't want to explain it to 10 year olds who'll forget about them in 7 minutes.

richie waved at the two boys. "hiya!" he smiled a toothy grin.

the kids stared, then smiled, and then ran off, yelling, "eddie's here! eddie's here with a mystery dude!" making them both laugh.

richie leaned down and pecked eddie's lips three times, muttering an "i love you." in between each peck. eddie rolled his eyes and booped his nose.

"you idiot. i love you too," he said as the door then swung open to reveal sonia kaspbrak.

"eddie! hello honey!" she stepped outside and embraced eddie in a hug, eddie instantly melting into her arms. he was always a sucker for his mother, even if she was a pain in his ass.