pizzelles

description: Eddie gets to spend Christmas with Richie, but almost 1000 miles away from where they live.
or
Eddie gets to go with Richie's family to their annual Christmas Get Together

(yet another ao3 upload. enjoy!)

The plane ride to Hawkins, Indiana from Derry, Maine, was long, or at least it seemed that way. The Tozier's + Eddie were half awake, hauling huge luggages, and drinking old coffee.

You see, the reason that this group was going to Indiana as because the Tozier's were on their way to go to the annual Wheeler Christmas Party Weekend. It was a yearly thing that Richie's extended family did where they'd be off for about a week during Christmas where Eddie would just constantly miss his boyfriend the whole time, while Richie seemed like he was having fun. But when he got back, Richie would always tell Eddie that it was no fun without him and would give him his extra gift during the Loser's Annual Xmas Gift Exchange.

But this year was different, since Eddie got to come along. Eddie was just a month and a half away from being eighteen, and after begging his mother over and over, Sonia finally let him go with his boyfriend. He cheered and thanked her and hugged her and even made his mother's homemade biscotti recipe for her. She's wasn't going to be lonely, she had her husband Frank to celebrate Christmas with, and he wanted to experience different Christmas's traditions and cuisines from their usual traditional Italian Christmas dinner.

The Kaspbrak's moved to America from Sicily, Italy, when Eddie was just shy of ten. He was the only one who spoke English in his family upon moving to America, but now Frank and Sonia know a little to have a light conversation. But he was afraid that no one would like the weird tan kid with the funky accent, until he met Richie, Stanley, and Bill at school. He met Ben in middle school, and Beverly, Audra and Mike the summer before freshman year. Eddie was so happy he found a good group of friends, and was so happy that they didn't think he was weird.

And part of the reason Richie was so attracted to Eddie when they were younger was because of his "odd" quirks. Richie LOVED Eddie's accent, and he still does. His heart explodes when Eddie can't say an english word right, or when he gets mad and starts cussing in Italian, or when he gets too shy around strangers to even speak at all so he only speaks in Italian to Richie, or when Eddie will get a little tipsy from drinking and just completely retorts his accent until it's unintelligible; it was all one big heart explosion for Richie and he loved every second of it. Richie, for years, and with a little help from Eddie, practiced the language and culture and when Richie finally asked Eddie out he asked him out in Italian. And Eddie literally bursted and kissed Richie right there and "Finalmente, idiota!" "Finally, you idiot!" and kissed him again.

They landed in Indianapolis at seven pm on a Thursday night. After lazily searching for their luggage, they found Richie's aunt and Maggie's sister, Karen. They greeted Eddie to her and then she led them out of the airport and to her van.

The ride back to the Wheeler's wasn't very long, but since the Tozier's and Eddie were exhausted, it seemed like forever. It was dark out, and only the silhouettes of evergreens and wimpy christmas lights were what was seen from the car window.

Eddie stared out the window, admiring the sight, but soon just taking in his surroundings. He half-listened to the adults laughing and catching up with eachother, and he took in the smell of stale car freshner vanilla and sweet mint gum. He watched the tiny snowflakes melt when they hit the warm car, counting the seconds until they became droplets on the window. And then he looked to the boy next to him. Richie was looking ahead of him, and his eyes seemed to pop out wide every thirty seconds or so; he was in and out of sleep. Eddie watched him with a little smile on his face; his boyfriend was such a dork. Richie turned a little to face Eddie, and he smiled weakly. It was so visible how tired he was. Eddie just patted the spot next to him softly, and without any talking, hust silent communication, Richie slid over and rested against Eddie and fell asleep. And soon, while following Richie's breathing pattern, Eddie calmed down and fell asleep.