12.

*Jade's Pov*

Everything stopped. The world stood still and the only thing stirring was the sound echoing through the phone.

The scrape of metal.

The smash of glass.

Then silence.

"Perrie!" But I already knew she wouldn't respond. My stomach twisted and I lurched to my knees, heaving the contents of my stomach onto the floor.

Flames blazed to life, surrounding me. I fell back and stared at my hands but there was no blood even though I'd felt the glass in my palms.

"Jade!"

My gaze searched the fire, looking for the voice but I was alone in the devastation.

A million questions raced through my mind, seeking answers. This wasn't right. This wasn't where I was meant to be. Something under my hand vibrated. I lifted it to discover a phone. The screen flashed.

Call disconnected.

Why would I have a phone? My eyes darted back to the accident, only to discover I was in my mother's office at Buckingham.

No, my office.

It was a fucking dream.

No, a memory.

No!

It was happening again.

It was happening to her.

"Jade!" Shaking accompanied the voice and I looked up to find Luke peering over me.

He snatched the phone out of my hand and called her name.

"Perrie can you hear me? Perrie!"

I shook loose some of the fog. I had to tell him she wasn't there.

Disconnected.

We'd been disconnected.

It was my fault.

Metal shrieked in my ears and my fists pounded against them. I had to make it stop.

Luke spoke. He was on the phone. I had to tell him. "Lauren is on her way there now but call the local police and hospital."

Lauren. Police. Hospital. It wouldn't matter, she was already gone.

No, she isn't, a small voice told me. It's time to fight.

I pushed to my feet. I had to fight. There was time.

Perrie.

Perrie needed me. This wasn't a dream. It wasn't a flashback.

My stomach threatened to heave again but I held it down. "Where is she?"

"Lauren is already on her way and we've contacted the local police. She's about fifty miles outside of London, near Salford."

"I need to get to her." I was out the door without another word. Luke followed on my heels.

"Jade medical professionals are on their way."

"Do they have a medivac?"

"I'm on that," he promised. "You need to go now. Lauren is too far away but I'll find a driver."

"Get me a helicopter," I snapped.

"Emergency responders are on their way," he repeated, ignoring my request.

I spun and shoved him against the wall. Right now I didn't care if he was my family or if he was trying to help me. I only cared that he listened. "Get me a goddamn helicopter."