14.

*Perrie's Pov*

I stretched my legs out, pressing them against the floorboard and savored the exquisite soreness in my limbs. After being stuck in a hospital bed for a week and a half, I relished even the smallest movements. Few things in this world felt better, I realised than a hot shower and brushed teeth. Well I could actually think of a few but considering the swarm of security accompanying me back to London I decided not to think about that.

"Hungry?" Jade asked, taking my hand. Her other hand stayed firmly planted on the steering wheel of a brand new Range Rover.

She was dressed down for the drive home in a black shirt and some skinny jeans. She flashed me a quick smile that made my stomach flip.

"Have something on your mind hmm?" I said suggestively leaning across the center console.

"Uh-uh your majesty. You are on bed rest," Jade informed me.

"I'm not queen yet."

"You're my queen."

I melted a little but I couldn't be sure if that was from what she'd said or how sexually frustrated I was. The last few days before my release had been full of teasing kisses and double entendres but she'd held back never allowing things to get past innocent flirtations. "The doctor said rest," I corrected her.

"Baby do not tempt me or you won't be getting any rest at all." Jade's eyes darted to check her blind spots as she took an exit.

I suspected that she was being more protective than she let on. "The doctor said sex was fine."

"I'm sure sex usually is fine for most people." She winked at me flashing a wicked smile. "But that's not how I do it. That's not how we do it. Don't tell me you've already forgotten?"

Forgotten? Definitely not. I was trying not to remember. After a few more days stuck in that hospital bed I was restless and hormonal. Between visitors and doctors we'd barely had a moment alone. I was ready to be home with my wife.

"What do you think of the car?" She asked.

"Don't think I don't realise you're changing the topic," I accused. I gave the inside a cursory glance. "It's okay."

The truth was that it was sexy as hell. Tan leather seating and polished woodgrain trim. Not to mention that the passenger seat actually had a massage function. It was incredible, but it still couldn't compare to the sinful woman driving it.

I'd never actually been in a car with her behind the wheel before and I hadn't pressed the issue when Jade slid into the driver's seat.

"Okay?" She repeated. "First of all you better like it because its safety features are unmatched and there's plenty of room for the baby."

I turned to stare at the five seats behind us and looked back at her. "There's room for a small army."

"I thought we might need the space in the future."

I didn't miss the suggestive tone of her voice. The hand resting on my belly rubbed my small bump hoping our child felt as safe and loved as I did in this moment.

"You're quiet," Jade pointed out.

"I'm happy," I murmured. My gaze turned dreamily to the scenery outside the window. "Take me home."

Jade raised my hand to her lips. "Your wish is my command."

——————————

Jade's hands stayed clamped over my eyes as she led me down the hall of Clarence House toward our bedroom. My anticipation mounted with each step but despite my pleas she wouldn't give me a clue as to what she had planned.