So This is What it's Like Having Friends

I sat down and noticed that the teacher was nowhere to be found. I glance back at the two boys who Rowan said were his brothers. A normal person would say hello to them. I stood up and walked over to them. One boy wearing a blue long sleeve had his feet propped up on his desk while the other was joking around with other students. I stood there a moment trying to catch their attention. The blue guy looked up at me with an annoyed expression and asked, "What do you want?" The one messing around with the other students stopped and stared at me. "Umm hi my name is Alana (I began fidgeting I didn't know what else to say) and your brother Rowan mentioned you so... I wanted to say hi." Without moving or looking me in the eye he replied saying. "My name is Bluford." He wasn't very welcoming almost like the opposite of Rowan he didn't even really add anything to the conversation! "Sup my name is Draven! Sayyy, your pretty cute so are you new here or something." Did he just call me cute?! "Uhh, thanks umm yeah I just moved here three days ago." "Well, Alana we will just have to introduce you to the rest of the guys! Stick with us and you will be sure to have a blast! Right, Blue?" Bluford glanced grumpily over at me and Draven and mumbled a whatever. This guy was weird he was excited like Rowan but something was off about him. Before I could ask anything else the teacher walked in and we all went back to our seats. The class was exactly what I expected, boring. I mean I think most people would agree that Social Studies is pretty lame. My next class was Algebra and Draven and Bluford led me to it. (mostly Draven) However, when we arrived Draven put a whoopie cushion on the teacher's chair because we were the first students there. The teacher was furious and asked who did it and I shrugged and Bluford said he didn't know. To be fair though it was pretty funny. 

Finally, lunch rolled around and I followed quietly behind Bluford and Draven who were arguing about something. They met up with a couple of other guys and I continued to walk behind them until Rowan ran up and hugged me. "Geez, Rowan you scared me! You shouldn't hug someone from behind." "Sorry, Alana. Oh, have you met my brothers?" "Yes, I met Bluford and Draven."  "Hehe, you didn't meet the other two. Hey Green! Vio! Come say hi to my new friend!" He shouted so loud that everyone stopped what they were doing and stared. "Not so loud Rowan! Hello, my name is Odran, Green is just a silly nickname. Also, I am sorry for my brother's actions he means well I assure you." "Hello, Odran and it's okay no harm done." Another guy walks up behind Odran, he is holding a book and looks very annoyed at the fact that Dravan was messing with him. "Greetings my name is Violet Arkio but please refer to me as Vio. I nodded my head and said, "Wow you guys look a lot alike." Odran smiles at me and says, "Yeah that is what everyone says." "So what's with your cousin? He seems a bit well..." All five of them stop messing around and stare at me. Then Odran askes, "How do you know him?" I was about to answer but Rowan does it for me. "Oh, she was super cool! Vaati had her pinned up on the locker and she punched him in the stomach and walked away!" Vio turned to look at Rowan and said, "You were not the one asked that question, Rowan." Rowan pouted and Bluford askes, "Is that true?" "Yeah sorry but he was asking for it." They all started laughing and smiling then Bluford smacks me on the back and says. "Good on you Alana." Dravan laughs and says, "Man you are even cooler than you look!"  "I told you she was awesome," Rowan shouts jumping up and down. "Yes you did and it appears you were correct," Vio says smiling kindly. "Well, it looks like you have made some friends Alana!" Green says fist bumping me. I blush a little I wasn't used to all of this attention. 

And that was the way the next few weeks went. Those guys goofed off and hung out with me and made me feel pretty special. I had never had people who actually chose to be around me before and weren't just sitting with me because they felt guilty. I didn't see Vaati around that much and when I did I avoided him completely. I mean why chance another fight? But then something happened for some reason one day when I went to school all of the boys were missing. No one knew why they didn't come that day so everyone assumed they ditched class. That didn't make sense to me and I was pretty lonely without them. I went through my day normally till I found a note on my desk. It had a number on it and was signed Rowan. I called the number during lunch and Rowan answered. "Hello, this Rowan who is this?" "Hey Rowan, this is Alana." Inside I am thinking, man I hate talking on cell phones! "Hey, could you maybe wait at the school gate for me before you walk home?" "Sure but..." Before I could ask why I had to wait for him he said thanks and bye. I thought that was strange but I shrugged it off and continued through my day. 

When the bell finally rang and I grabbed my stuff and walked outside. To my surprise, I saw not just Rowan but all of them. Waiting around and trying not to look suspicious. What the heck were they doing? I felt like I was about to get a talking to about something I messed up. They probably decided they didn't want to be seen around me anymore I have heard it all before. I held my breath and walked toward them with a fake smile. Rowan jumped up when he saw me walking over to them. "Hey, Alana!" "Sup," I said hesitantly. "So what's up," I asked? "Well, we need a favor." "What kind of favor?" Odran stepped in and said, "Now don't take this the wrong way..." I interrupt him,"Do you want me to leave you guys alone?" Odran looked a bit surprised, "W-what? No it's just we have a big favor to ask you and we don't know if you would be willing to..." This time Draven interrupts Odran and says, "Why did you think we wouldn't want to be around you?" "Let's just say I have ridden that train to ruin before." Blueford looks me in the eye and says,"What you don't trust us to stick around." "I don't know, I thought the others wouldn't leave either." "I am aware that we have only associated with each other for a short while but believe me when I say that I have greatly appreciated our consultations. You are a very kind-hearted individual," Vio said looking at me and then going back to his book. "T-thanks guys." "Yeah I never break my promises and I promised we were friends," Rowan said latching on to me. Odran clears his throat and says, "Great guys but I still need to tell her what we need her help..." "We need to sleep at your house tonight," Rowan shouts!