An Unfortunate Relative

I wake up at six forty as usually and slip on a hoodie it was still cold out after all. I pull on some leggings and socks, I decide to leave my hair down today. I pause before going out the door putting on a little bit of makeup. I start making scrambled eggs for everyone as two arms wrap around my neck while I am cooking. "Gosh, Shadow what are you doing? You shouldn't distract me while I am cooking over a stove." "You look like the kind of girl who could use a distraction," he said leaning closer to my neck. Suddenly the others walked into the kitchen. "Are we interrupting something," Bluford says in a coy voice? "Is our little Shadow growing up?"Odran said putting an arm on Shadows shoulder. Rowan looked over at Vio and asked, "What are they talking about Vi?" "We shall tell you when you are older, Red." Vio said glancing up at Shadow and me with a small smile. Rowan shrugged his shoulders and started getting out plates and forks for everyone. I finished the eggs and we all quickly polished them off and headed out the door.

I didn't want anyone asking why we came from the same location every day, especially with the guys being on all of the girls must date lists. The guys and I separated a block or so away from school and walked in from different directions. School, wasn't easy but with some of the notes and problems Vio helped me with my grades were going from a Cs to a Bs. Sure I didn't get along well with other girls and because I was an introvert I would avoid the busy hallways and crowded areas but I never had any problems. No use having an embarrassing and troublesome conversation, right? I decided to wait a few minutes until everyone started heading to class. Suddenly the back of my neck tingled a bit and I felt like someone was watching me. I turned around to see Vaati standing there staring at me. I lock eyes with him giving if a pretty good scowl before I started walking away. "Do you feel special now?" I freeze at his question and he starts walking closer. "Do you feel useful and needed? How long do you think that will last? Your going have to face reality soon enough. You think you mean something to someone just because a shadow said so." I dig my nails into my palms, "Tell me, creep, how did you know about that?" "You aren't the first girl he has claimed as his lover, the friends you supposedly have, are deceiving and using you for there own selfish desires." I marched away giving him the death glare as I turned the corner. He doesn't have any room to talk. Why would I trust the guy who was a complete jerk to me on the first day? Unfortunately, it didn't stop with that encounter. At lunch he sat few tables away from me but still facing me, he didn't say anything he just gazed at me.

I walked home with the guys in a slightly foul mood. I told myself I would forget about it and try my hardest at work. I make my way to my job, I work at a flower shop/ cafe. So I wear a uniformed dress that comes up a little above my knees and leggings to serve people sandwiches and soups. While I also water all of the sweet smelling flowers and offer to sell the customers some of the seeds or plants.

 While I also water all of the sweet smelling flowers and offer to sell the customers some of the seeds or plants

I wasn't wearing any heals and the skirt was a bit longer. Once again credit for this pic goes to https://rika-dono. Pinterest check her out her art is awesome.

My day was going pretty well the shop was a bit busy but nothing me and the manager couldn't handle. It was all going well that is until Vaati walked in. How did he know where I worked I thought as he made eye contact with me before sitting down. I hesitantly walked toward him handing him a menu and started walking away. He stopped me and said, "Waitress I am ready to order now." "What would you like to order today sir?" I said with sarcasm dripping from my voice. "I would like a coffee with your today's special soup and perhaps you after you're done working," he said with a shrood smile on his face. "I nearly smack him but instead I said, "We support the right to kick out any jerk we see fit, today's soup special is a potato soup with a piece of garlic bread on the side. And would you like your coffee black or sweetened?" "That sounds fine I would like my coffee black and I assure you that I will see you around. I can see why that shadow is affixed to you." I ignore his last comment and I walk away to give the order to the chef. About ten minutes later I ask the manager to serve him making the excuse that I was working with a few other guests. To my relief, she said she would and I didn't have to deal with him for the rest of my shift. The cafe serves food till 10:00 p.m. but the flower shop needs work that combined with me walking home usually takes me another two hours. I start walking back the few blocks and as I was about to walk up the small driveway a hand a hand grabs me from behind covering my mouth and pulling my hair. I couldn't scream as the person whoever they were started trying to pull me away from my house.