The Brothers Bond

I stood on top of one of the building surveying the battle below. Ever since we had returned to Hyrule we have barely rested because as we feared the kingdom was quickly lost without it's greatest warriors. "Odran I could use some assistance!" Vio called from below. I dramatically dropped from the building and behind the three guys who had Vio cornered. After we swiftly defeated them I asked, "Unless you have been slacking Vio you should have been able to handle those guys." "Of course I could have but then I would have had to shout to tell you the information I have. That and I knew you wanted to jump off the roof." He smiled at me well at least as much as Vio ever smiled and we dragged the thief's bodies to the jail before walking back to the town square. Rowan was getting scolded by Blueford and Draven was flirting with a few girls. I paused, "So who do you want to deal with Vi?" He sighed and said, "I suppose I will deal with Draven, I wish you the best of luck with Blueford." I nodded and marched over to Bluford who was shaking his fist at Rowan while hiding his other arm which looked bloodied behind his back. I came up behind Rowan and put my hand on his shoulder saying, "Here Red go buy some candy for everyone I have to talk to Bluford, okay?" He nodded poor boy likely let his guard down too soon and Bluford took the blow. I looked back over at Bluford who was stomping crossly away pretending not to be injured. I jog after him. This was my job as their leader and brother I look out for them. It wasn't an easy job and they didn't make it any easier but I loved it. "Bluford wait a second!" I called as he rounded another corner. He stopped short glancing back at me with an annoyed look. "What?" I rolled my eyes and pointed at his arm. "That is your sword arm. You need to take care of it." "It's just a scratch."" I don't care, either you give me your arm right now or I tell everyone that you hurt your arm in battle." He reluctantly walked over to me with an ever increasing frown but I ignored him and continued to scold him for being reckless. While it is true that his wound was only a scratch it was deeper then I thought. I bandaged his arm and though I didn't get so much as a nod I could tell he was thankful. I smiled and ran back to the candy shop to lecture Rowan on not paying attention in battle.

(Meanwhile back with Vio)

I marched angrily over to Draven trying to keep my cool. I wasn't Blue after all I shouldn't feel this irritated, should I? As I advanced one of the girls noticed me and the squealed with delight and came rushing over. I almost felt like turning on my heal and leaving but my gentleman nature kicked in instead. "Evening ladies, what is the pleasure?" One of them shyly handed me a box of cookies while Draven watched with a smirk on his lips. I wanted to scowl at him. I swear these females possed some kind of duplication magic because when I looked down again there were more of them. They were all talking at once and things got out of hand far faster then I could have imagined. My chest felt tight as they all gathered around me. I tried to politely get their attention but my efforts were either ignored or taken out of context. I backed up a little hoping for a bit more space but my back hit a wall. One of the girls bumped me while arguing fiercely with another girl and the book that I had been clutching was lost among their busy feet. "Ladies please calm yourselves our dear Vio has urgent business and I am afraid he must leave you." Without another word, Draven dragged me down into the dark world. "Gosh Vi you are such a mess. How can you keep your cool in emergencies and battles but when it comes to talking to others you are, well you." I frowned at him and brushed off my book. "I didn't come here to talk about me." He looked a little uncomfortable at my answer and I continued, "Careful how you treat another's heart. Are you no longer committed to the one you pledged your heart to?" He looked angry and I noticed sadness jumped into his eyes as well. "I would never cheat on her Vi! I really care about Alana!" I raised my eyebrow, "Well then maybe you should act more like it when you are around other females." "Well, I feel bad just shunning them like you do." I glared at him for that remark. While the girls had warmed up quickly to the others, my personality just seemed off-putting at times and some of the girls were even afraid of me. They referred to me as the Icy Knight. "I would like you to take me back to the surface, this conversation is over," I replied coldly.

Draven sighed he knew he had made his brother mad. His brother didn't show emotions the same ways his other brothers did. Some people were just plain bitter to him because they think he is ignoring them. The truth was that Vio was actually very caring and constantly thinking about ways that he can help or aid others. He barely ever thought of himself but he had trouble showing others this side of him. I pulled him back into the real world and watched as the purple-clad knight looked around to make sure the small crowd of girls was gone. "Hey, Vi umm how about you help me with my archery I missed a few shots in today's fight and I think I could use some practice." His ears perked up which is something even he had trouble hiding. "Perhaps if you are willing to walk past the library before we go." I smile rapping my arm around his shoulder, "I don't mind at all." Vio's smile was unmistakable and we went on our way casually talking and discussing the fight.

(Back to Green)

I headed back to the candy shop in search of Rowan who I am sure was eating a lot of candy. However, when I got there he was nowhere to be seen. I asked the shop lady who said she hadn't seen him all day. I looked all around till I was finally worried enough to ask for Bluford, Vio, and Draven's help. I searched the docks and besides a few pirates who I quickly brought to justice, there was no sign of my red dressed brother. My last hope to find him lied within the castle and we all quickly went to check everywhere Rowan usually was. "I don't understand we checked all of the usual places." Vio said puzzled, "He would usually never want us to worry so he would alert us if he went anywhere and now I am worried." I nodded and told everyone to check stranger areas like the library, tower, stables, and armory. I was about to head to the armory when something down in the training ground caught my attention. It was Rowan! I rushed down the steps to greet and scold my younger brother but what I found is something I did not expect. When I entered the courtyard I saw him sweating and fighting one of the training dummies. He looked determined and completely exhausted. This was very unlike him, he usually tried to avoid training when he could. "Rowan? What are you doing here? You had us worried sick." He looked up with surprise and out of fatigue he sat down hard on the ground. "Gasp! Sorry, I won't worry you guys like that again." "Who cares about that now why are you down here working yourself so hard?" I said pulling the boy off the ground. "I just don't want to be a burden to you guys in battle. I know I am the youngest and I am certainly not the strongest but if one of you where to get hurt badly because of me I-I would..." Tears began to fill the ocean blue eyes of my little brother. I hushed him and held him close as he sobbed. "You are a strong fighter Rowan but you are also our little brother. We rely and care for you and we protect you. So you don't have to worry we know that you aren't weak and I am sorry if we made you feel that way. But understand if any of you are ever in danger I will throw everything aside to save you. That is what big brothers are for." He nodded and hugged me tighter as I heard the happy shout from above signally Draven had found us. Soon everyone was there scolding and hugging Rowan. Even Bluford who was normally so against showing his emotions let it show how worried he had been about Rowan.

It isn't easy being a knight of Hyrule. There are a lot of things that can get dangerous fast. It is our duty as knights to protect the kingdom without worries about our own lives. And while I will throw my life aside it would not be without regret because I am their leader and brother. I will fight till my final breath to keep that safe and with me even if it is just for a little longer. I smile as I watch my brothers' rough house and scold each other on one thing or another. I don't care where life leads me as long as I can stand beside my brothers through it all.