Unmoving

I spent about a day in bed alone. The others must have gone after those thugs, meanwhile, I was left with my thoughts. Not like they comforted me at all, I decided it was time I got out of this stupid room. As nice as this bedroom was it lacked windows, books, and fresh air. I was about to move from the bed when pain exploded through me. I yelped in shock as I fell onto the floor gripping my leg in agony. The symbol on my leg pulsed and I cried out, tears soon rimming my eyes. I felt like I was paralyzed but as quickly as it had begun it vanished leaving me panting on the floor.

Draven stood next to Vio giving him a frustrated look, as his brother continued to dig through his books. My eyes glowing redder the madder I got. Vio glanced over at me and raised his eyebrow. I just glared back and huffed for what must have been the seventh time. "You could go and blow off some steam with Bluford if you are this upset." He suggested as I scowled at the floor. I shrugged and let out a sigh, "Just...let me know if you find anything." "Of course you'll be the fourth to know." I turned back as I was about to walk out the door, "I had better be the first one to know." "Oh yes, you will be; right after I tell Zelda, the council, the royal guard, and Odran, then you will be the first on my list." I didn't have anything else to say to him other than a few frustrated grumbles, I stomped out of the room my fist balled up. I was about to walk past our rooms when a cry of pain reached my ears. Without hesitation, I entered the room to see Alana on the floor.

My head shot up and I desperately tried to calm my breathing. I tried to look mad at him as he rushed in, "Y-You should really knock you know." I said glaring at him as best as I could.

I ignored her comment and knelt down next to her. "Why are you on the floor?"

I smiled slightly though it was forced, "I fell out of bed silly, don't worry about me." I took notice of the lines under his eyes and his unkempt clothing.

I look at her with a smile before touching her leg that she kept carefully away from me. I watched her wince and I rolled up her ripped jeans to find a sinister brand. "What is this? Why didn't you tell me about this? It's hurting you isn't it!"

I pit my lip and mumbled a sorry. I felt my tears well up for some reason but I forced them down. I had done enough crying.

I caressed her cheek and picked her up gently bringing her to Vio. He tried a bunch of his potions and searched through about twenty books but everything we did only result in Alana whimpering in pain. I felt horrible, even with my powers fully recovered I couldn't help her. She had gone through so much how could I ever make this right? Red entered the room his eyes brightening after seeing Alana sitting on the desk.

"Vio! Odran told me that you and Draven need to take a break!" I chirped as I fidgeted with a few flowers I had picked.

"Honestly Red we have only been going at it for...twenty-four hours it's not as if we have been doing this for days." Vio said not taking his eyes away from his book.

"If you want I could bring him here and you could tell him yourself," Red said with a chuckle. I gave Alana a worried smile, "Besides Alana hasn't eaten yet."

I smiled as Vio rolled his eyes. "Whatever I suppose they can take a break," He mumbled skimming a few more pages.

"Vi," Draven grumbled, "You know that won't satisfy him. Do you really want to get lectured?"

Vio then stood up with a book and scroll in hand and left. Red giggled before reaching up and putting a flower in my hair. "There! That will do, for now, we'll fix your clothes up later but until then let's eat."

Draven carried me to the kitchen where we found everyone else. I began to feel at ease again, sure the creeps who hurt me were still at large and I couldn't walk but somehow, being there, with all of them made everything feel like it was going to be okay. However I still felt some sort of uneasiness, how long would this last?

Sorry, it took me so long to publish this, guys. It really wasn't fair of me. I was busy with life, a new pup, computer issues, and other junk. I promise I'll work harder to make more chapters and I'm sorry if this one was dull and short.