The Hanging Tree (PolyBBSx Mreader)

Prompt: If you can't tell, I will be using the song 'Hanging Tree' for this one-shot. You can play the song whenever you wish, there really is no specifically needed timing, just putting it in for those who don't know the song. P.S, picture up above is the tree.

Trigger warning: Suicide involved.

People: Evan, Jonathan, Tyler, Brock, Brian, Craig, Marcel, Lui, David, Ryan, Luke, Mreader.

Sorry if I forgot someone. To many people to remember.

Italics=past

Normal text = present

Bold= Song

Word count: 4629 words
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Your POV~

My alarm went off. This ringer was different though. I only had two ringers for my alarm clock. A normal one used for everyday wake ups. And her favourite song, for that day. I could already feel my emotions swell up in my chest. I don't know why though. I've been doing this for the past four years. Always going back, always spending a day there, with her. The others didn't know about. Well, sort of. After the first year from when I first moved in with them, they had noticed my leave on this day specifically. They just never knew where I was going. And they had no clue why. I hated to keep this a secret. I had the feeling, the need to tell them about where it is I go. But it didn't feel right to her. I would be betraying her if I did this. And mainly, I would be telling the others about our special place. That once was special.

I hopped out of bed. It was only six in the morning. There would be one other person awake at this time of day. I quickly changed into a pair of track pants and a t-shirt, something that's easy to climb in. I grabbed my guitar before quietly exiting my room. My carry on bag had been packed the previous day, holding the blanket, food, already fully grown flowers and the flower seeds that I would need. I brought it downstairs with me, placing the bag and my guitar at the door. I then walked into the kitchen, and, as expected, he was standing there, fully awake and sipping a cup of coffee.

"Let me guess." Ryan said. "It's that day again, isn't it?" I nodded. "Are you ready to tell us where it is exactly that you disappear to for a full day." I shook my head. This day was also the day I had sworn that I would only speak once I reached our place. I have yet to break my promise, to break the schedule. It's become a rhythm since the past four years. Wake up early, say bye to those who are awake by the time I'm about to leave. Then go, and stay there for a full day, so she isn't alone. Ryan already had a cup of coffee ready for me. I gave him a nod of thanks as I took the cup from him. I sat there, sipping my coffee and soaking in the calm and loving feeling radiating all over this house. Even if you don't know the residents of this household, you can get an exact reading on our behaviours just by stepping into this home. It's the one place I found sanctuary after that day. After I realized the little hints that I had been missing as a teenager that created this day. After everything happened. After I had scolded and yelled at myself for not being fast enough, for not listening to the silent pleas she was sending my way.

"Earth to (Y/N)." I snapped back into reality as Luke's voice cut the air, and a hand. I looked up at him. "You going again?" I nodded. They have been begging me since three years ago to tell them where it is I've been heading off to. I think it has to deal with the sad behaviour I bring back with me once I decide to return home. I lock myself up for a week once I return, and I remain silent for that week. The only times I leave my room is when it's needed, but even then, it's rare. The remaining days of the week after this day is spent searching for another one of her favourite songs. It's spent learning the notes. It's spent memorizing and perfecting the song. All lyrics, pitches and notes. If it isn't perfect, then it's not enough. A pair of arms wrapped around my waist and stomach, and I felt someone rest their forehead against the back of my head.