Someone's Monster (Poly!BBS) Part 4

Prompt: What if people who were alive had a monster that haunted them, and only they could see it? But what if person A's monster isn't actually their's? What if at a younger age then when they were supposed to 'create' their monster, a monster attached itself to them, and is now hurting them? And their friends find out when person A is attacked in front of them, but before they never knew about what's happening to their friend. And what if person A's friends sees said attached monster.

People: Evan, Jonathan, Craig, Tyler, Brock, Brian, Lui, David, Ryan, Luke, Marcel.

Sorry if I forgot someone, there are to many people to remember everyone.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~*Ryans POV*~

I sat around with Evan, David, Jonathan, and Brock. It's been several weeks since I was attacked by my monster. I haven't been bothered by it since. Of course, I had told the others my story of how I gained my monster as well. They've been on high alert, watching me and not allowing me to be alone for more than twenty minutes. I assumed part of their caution was also tied to them assuming that I would try to... get 'rid' of the monster.

I want to assume that part of my monsters disappearance had to deal with the others being around me so constantly. So, hopefully, I can stay safe a while longer before needing to head back to my place. I can't stay here forever.

I looked out the window and to the snow that was falling. Even if I was currently safe, I had a plan set for today. Evan and I would be going to my childhood home. I would be returning to where I originally found my monster. And I would try to get rid of it. I had read something online that, if I were to figure out what my monster wanted and were to fulfill it, it might be satisfied and leave me alone. Like a ghost, in a way.

Of course, Evan wouldn't be able to follow me all the way to the clearing. He would be waiting by the fences of the homes until I returned. If I did need any help, I would call for him. I also would have a small blade on me to protect myself if Evan wasn't fast enough. This made the others nervous. I would be alone. With a knife.

They had jumped to conclusions at this thought. They wanted more people to go with me. Or at least bring someone into the clearing. But I had specifically told them that I wouldn't be able to summon my monster if others were around. They finally gave in, even though they would grumble about it every so often.

They had also done the research themselves about monsters lasting after a short span of life once the ones they were attached to died off. I had to confirm time and time again I wasn't about to go and commit suicide to get rid of it. Maybe that's why they were hesitant with the whole knife thing. I looked to the clock as Evan came around the corner. Two-forty-three. I stood and walked to up to him. He got the hint and immediately turned and walked to the door with me. We slipped on our runners and left. I gave him the directions to my old home and we were off. It was a forty-five minute drive from here.

"So," Evan started slowly, "did you ever tell your parents about what had happened after you came to?" I sighed.

"I tried to," I admitted, "but my throat had nearly collapsed from the grip of it, so I wasn't able to talk for nearly a month. It hadn't been a problem to me for that whole month." I cocked my head. "Actually, now that I think about it, my monster hadn't started attacking me until I was like, sixteen. And even then, I hadn't realized what it was. It wasn't as severe as it has been lately."

"What would it do to you when you were younger?" I thought back to my adolescent years.

"Mainly just a very sore body. I'd wake up and, bam, couldn't walk or couldn't use my arm for the day. During school, this was a problem." Evan nodded. "What about you guys? What do your monsters do to you?" Evan thought about it for a while.