Chapter Five

I didn't really know who Nico was, I only knew he was Hazel's half brother.

So Nico coming isn't that great to me, but it is for everyone else. He doesn't show up often.

"So, what do you need?" Hazel asked.

"I'm going to California," I stated.

"Good choice." Even though she's younger than me, she seems a year older than me.

Before we could continue, Annabeth barged in. "Ever heard of knocking?" Hazel asked.

"Sorry, but you might want to hear this, Hazel," Annabeth said. She sat down and told us, "Nico's not coming." 

"What? He told me he couldn't make it to Camp Jupiter because he had to visit you guys and when Jason turned evil I volunteered to come to tell Piper, well, mostly because she's my friend, and I didn't trust Dakota on a pegasus, and some because I could see Nico," Hazel said all of that without taking a breath.

"Chiron said he decided to go to Camp Jupiter, but he didn't get there because Bianca found him," Annabeth explained, "So, what did I interrupt?"

"I'm going to California," I said before Hazel could even get her thoughts together.

"Really? Do you guys need assistance?" Annabeth asked.

I looked at Hazel and she nodded. "Yes, please come," I said.

                                                                           <<^.^>>

"All three of you?" Chiron asked, "How will you get to California?"

We thought until Annabeth said: "The Argo Two."

"Leo is the only one who knows how to work that ship," I pointed out.

"Then Leo comes with us," Hazel said excitedly. We went out to the landing place of the ship where Leo spends most of his time shining Festus' head.

"Hey guys," Leo said, "Wazzup?"

"We're going to California," I said, "To get Jason." He stopped working as soon as he heard his best friend's name.

"What?" he asked, seriously confused. "You're going where?"

"Cal-i-for-ni-a," Hazel said.

"Thanks," Leo said wiping his hands on a towel, "I got it. So, why are you here?"

"We need to use the Argo Two, so you need to come," I said, "We also need your help getting Jason back to normal."

"Cool, I've always wanted to battle my best friend."

We looked at him. He's crazy.

"Not that I've actually, like, thought about it. So, we need to tell Chiron?"

"We already did, we need to find Rachel," I said.