The Night Before Flight

<Final edition>

"Don't forget to take your swim shrug, Shru. It's kept on the right of your cupboard", Mom said from the kitchen.

She was cooking my favourite dish, Shahi Paneer, for dinner.

This was something obvious I would never forget.

Considering the fact that I was going to a place where people usually flaunted their toned bodies, I wasnt allowed to do any of such a thing. Knowing that I was a dancer!

I felt like: Oh God Mom! I know!

I was going to Goa, all by myself, for the most awaited dancing contest- Dance Like Never Before. "Yeah mom. I've kept it in already!" I replied.

Winning this contest was my dream ever since I recognised my talent. The prize was a scholarship in Barnard College of Dance.

So awesome!

I was already 'The Dancing Diva' in my school, Malcolm X so, why not end up at something I've always wanted to. An image I drool over everytime the thought pops up.

Barnard College of Dance, California

In big letters on the board. Just simply wow!

But the thought dropped off as soon as my Mom approached me with a heavy heart.

I knew what was on her mind but I still let her speak.

" Shruti beta, you still remember the condition, right ?"

The CONDITION. It was totally RIDICULOUS. Absolutely STUPID! I put it up with my parents so that I could stop listening to their usual taunts and enjoy what I was left with.

It was about me, shutting down my dreams for dancing once I returned from this competition in Goa. Winning or losing didn't matter to my parents and I had to kick up the gear for my Engineering exam in January.

"Yeah maa. I do." I said half-heartedly. Because this was not even close to where I wanted to see myself.

Engineering was not something I would've chosen as my career option. But, because it was my parents' 'dream' to see me in IIT-D.

Institute Of Information Technology, Delhi.

I wanted to see them smiling and feeling proud, so that they could brag about something to the society. Like really!

So hence I took a decision to take up engineering and stop sewing dance as a career.

Maa even though knew well-enough that if I chose dancing, I will still be able to take it on my shoulders and achieve a pretty successful future. But she still insisted on taking up engineering because no one in the family had taken up dancing as a career and everyone expected the same from me.

They were all either doctors or freaking engineering! Boring as it sounds. :|

With all the thoughts rushing in my head, I was totally drained out.

I finished packing up my stuff. Put my phone on charging.

Soon I thrashed over my bed with all the exciting thoughts about Goa.

The Beach.

Amazing Hotel.

And my personal favorite.

The Dance Like Never Before Contest.

@@@@@@

A/N: Hey Guys! This is the first chapter of my FIRST EVER book! If you point out any grammatical error, let me know.

Editor- TRISHA NAG :*

And the chapter is dedicated to ClaraMay15 for such an amzing cover!

And guys, keep refreshing your library or this book. Simply because Im doing a lot of edition in this book since I want to make the story come out as different and not just a typical teen fiction. ;)

Hope you, readers, out there, like it and vote \m/ (Y) :'D

Stay Youthful! :')

Bips. ^_^