Birthday Surprise

<Final Edition>

As we all headed back to our rooms, I found myself being constantly poked by Kabir.

I turned back around to show those glaring eyes but just then he leant and pecked my lips.

Now I cant stay mad.

"I want to show you something! Like something reall really cool!" he sai with so much excitement.

He pulled me all the way down to the reception, and just then my mind was blown. They were my mum and dad. I wouldnt have ever expected them to be here.

They were like really lazy people who could just watch me through the TV.

But soon enough I realised the reason for their presence.

They'd come here to see me for my birthday! Now thats exciting!

"Shit! Its my birthday tomorrow! Omg oh-my-goooood! I blabbered while fanning my face.

"Haha yeah. Surprising enough this time you forgot OR ELSE you wouldve DRIVEN ME insane with the hyperness!" Zelaine, who knew me way too much, just snapped. I nudged her and gave her a flying kiss.

I ran towards them and hugged tightly.

"C-cant..breath" Mom said.

Well, that's how love supposed to hurt, right?

" Haha. Sorry. OMG! I never thought that you guys will actually make it up till here!" I said kissing mom and dad on the cheeks.

"Haha dont thank us. Thank the one who made the evil-plannings." Dad said.

I turned over to Kabir and pounced to give him a hug.

"Uh Shruti. It was Aditya. AND NOT KABIR!" Shagun said rudely. I kind of had this feeling that Shagun totally hated Kabir for God knows reason!

I pulled back myself. My cheeks were red of all the embarrassment.

My eyes searched through the room but I couldnt get a sight of Adi. But all my efforts failed.

"Anyway. Heres your most awaited gift!" mom said handing me over my 18th birthay gift.

I am always desperate to know what's there for me in the gift.

I guess everyone is.

I tore the wrapper and opened the pretty pink box. The gift was jaw-dropping!

"What the fuck? Omg! Are you guys serious? This.. This is a fucking diamond ring. H-h-how did you come to know about this gift? I never even told you people what I wanted." I was quite surprised.

"Well we are your parents. We know what you think" Dad acted cool.

"Oh cmon dad. Let me know please?"

"We saw it on your cupboard when we were sorting out things from your room" I glared at them.

"You went into my room. Searched for things? Not done." I glared at them.

"But tonight everything is excused" I ordered and everyone bursted into laughter.

Kabir came over to mr and handed me my gift, a scrapbook ever since we were together. It was full of our selfies.

"This is really cute man! Really the cutest gift ever!" I, anyhow managed to splutter the words with happy tears that fell down my cheeks.

"Cute is all you got?! I woke up for almost a week to make this and you say its cute?!" Kabir cribbed.

"Its beautiful and pretty, just like you. I love you!" I pecked him while turning over the pages. He rolled his eyes. He really had put in a lot of effort.

Everyone had wished me including the staff at the hotel. And then, I was presented a huge cake with " Happy Birthday Sexy" written on it.

Guessing by the words only, Aditya had got this cake arranged. So basically he was out for the cake. I whispered a 'thank you' to him. My parents laid their who-the-hell-is-he eyes on me. Indian parents I tell you! So overprotective!

I cut the cake and gave the first bite to mom and dad, of course. After their polite way of making me eat the cake, I was covered in chocolate cake. Shagun, Zel, Kabir and now, Adi left no opportunity pass by on annoying me.

"Guys! Please. Not the hair!" I literally begged. I loved my hair way too much. But they deliberately ignored my pleadings and continued to paste the chocolate on my face AND HAIR!

We returned to the room while I was drenched in chocolate. I thoroughly bathed myself with all the soaps and shampoos I could find.

I came out and found Kabir sitting impatiently.

"Hey. What's up?"

"Dude...I have something for you. Again!" he was heading me for yet another surprise.

"Kabir? Are you crazy ? I've had loads of surprises already. No need man." I chimed. " I want to naah. Shut up!" He blabbered. Kabir made me feel like I was a kid. He pampered me alot and I pretty much liked that fact. Well, good for both of us, I guess.

Morning was exhausting again. "I have something for you too" Adi said out of nowhere. Is it 'receive-two-gifts-from-the-same-person' like birthday? "Really? Wow. I didnt expect anything from you. But the cake was quite delicious." It was true.  So I went over and kissed him on the cheek. He deserved at least this much. "You know you can always thank me by kissing me on the lips" he winked and started pouting. I pushed him away. "In your dreams baby" I snapped. I finally learned how to control this pervert.

Me and Aditya were now good friends. Most of all, on good terms. Well that's what I know. But there's this strange feeling I always have when I'm around him. Looking at his eyes makes me feel that hes someone familiar. But then I think I'm just crazy and I think way to much than required. So the better option was to chuck the thought.