I Miss You

Frnk: Hey Geebear <3
Read 11:57

Gee: Hi baby <3
Received 11:57

Frnk: Send me a picture of you, it's been a while!!! <3
Received 11:58

Gee: One of my colleagues took this last night! Now send me one of you <3

Received 12:00

Frnk: You look so cute damn <3 here's me

Read 12:02

Gee: Holy shit you look fucking adorable I'm actually crying :')
Received 12:02

Frnk: I miss you so much. Everything feels so empty without you here :'(
Read 12:04

Gee: Aww babe please don't say that!! I'll be back in a month and I promise I'll never leave you again<3
Received 12:05

Frnk: That's what you said 4 months ago. I need you here. I'm going crazy without you. I need to kiss and hold you again
Read 12:06

Gee: Bby I miss you so much too :'(( I promise this time. I promise that I'll be home as soon as I can and I'll treat you like royalty forever.
Received 12:08

Gee: My boss promised me that I can come home in less than a month, my love
Received 12:08

Frnk: Fine, if you promise. I'll be waiting! I'm going to bed now, hope to see you in my dreams! I love you so much <3
Read 12:09

Gee: Okay sweetie, goodnight and sleep tight. I'll be home soon don't worry. You mean the world to me <3 I love you darling
Received 12:10

Frank turned his phone off and placed it on his bedside table. Gerard, his boyfriend, has been away for work for 5 months. It was beginning to drive Frank insane. He missed Gerard more than anything. He suddenly broke down into tears, sobbing into his white, tear-stained pillow. He did this almost every night.
Usually, he'd eventually cry himself to sleep, and get plagued by nightmares. He didn't know how he would carry on any longer, with Gerard being gone.

When Frank woke up, his cheeks felt tight from the salty tears. He needed to go and wash his face. He walked over to the bathroom and stood on the cold, tiled floor. In the mirror he saw that his hair was a complete and utter mess. He turned on the hot water, splashed his face, and patted it dry with a towel. He also fixed his hair - sort of - and walked out of the bathroom.

Something, though, was different. The house smelled like breakfast. Pancakes and bacon. This confused Frank because he lived alone. He decided that he needed to go investigate. Frank slid into his blue bunny slippers and tip-toed out of his bedroom. He slyly walked down the stairs, trying not to make a sound.

When he turned the corner, he saw, in fact, there were pancakes and bacon being cooked.

"Wha-," before Frank could finish his sentence, he felt a hand on his shoulder. He flung himself around and what he saw made him instantly burst into tears.

There was Gerard, smiling huge, and holding out a bouquet of roses.

Frank literally jumped into Gerard's arms. They both held each other as tight as they could, Frank crying into Gerard's neck. They were both a mess of emotions by this point. After the embrace lasted for several minutes, both of them too emotional to speak, Gerard lightly placed Frank back down and handed him the roses.

"H-how?" Frank asked, holding the bouquet.

"I booked a flight last night after we finished texting, I couldn't bear seeing you so hurt," Gerard responded, tears streaking his pale skin.

Frank gently placed the bouquet down, and walked up to Gerard again taking his face in his hands, kissing him passionately. Gerard laced his hand in Frank's hair and kissed back. When they separated, they held each other again for multiple minutes.

"I love you so much, Frankie," Gerard exclaimed, resting his head on top of Frank, arms wrapped securely around him.

"I love you, I love you, I love you," Frank responded, soaking tears into Gerard's black shirt.

"Now, how about we have some breakfast together?" Gerard asked, unraveling his arms from Frank, but still holding his hands.

"Yes please, I'm starving," Frank responded, still shocked to see the love of his life standing right in front of him.

They had breakfast together and cuddled for the rest of the day. Gerard kept his promise and never left Frank for work again.