That's What You Meant, Right?

wOW IT'S A FRICKIN UPDATE HOLY SHEET?1!?1!
In all seriousness (not really) I'm so sorry for never posting on here, and there's really no excuse for it so...uh...yeah...
I was scrolling through Pinterest and saw this writing prompt/AU thing, thought it was super cute, and wanted to write the full thing so I thought I'd make it Frerard! And also I'm trying to find ways to procrastinate studying for exams because I'm a good student so YEE here ya go!
(ALSO THANKS FOR 220 READS WTF)

It was at the last day of school, aka the day Gerard and his best friend Frank had been waiting for since school started in September. The bell rang and a stampede of students were all stumbling out the doors, awaiting the blast of the hot, summer air outside.

"HELL YEAH!" Frank enthusiastically cheered, throwing his papers in the air. "Never have to see this place ever again!"

"You realize you have to pick these up and put them in the garbage, right?" Gerard giggled.

"Isn't that the janitors job? Not my problem," Frank responded, snickering.

"You're an idiot," Gerard sighed as he began picking up Frank's papers.

Once that ordeal was over, both of them realized how hungry they actually were. The closest place that had food near them was an ice cream shop, and Frank was more happy to stop by, seeing as it was 80 degrees and he was wearing black skinny jeans and a black leather jacket.

"Why do you have that big ass jacket on? Isn't it a little hot outside?" Gerard stated, attempting to rip Frank's jacket off.

"Fuck off you rat, at least I look cool," Frank said, shoving Gerard away.

"Yeah, cool for someone who's like 5 feet tall," He muttered, making Frank whip his head around.

"The fuck did you say? I swear I will literally murder you," Frank spat.

"Nah, you love me to much," Gerard smugly smirked, flicking his red hair behind his shoulder.

"That may be true, but that won't stop me from doing this..."

Frank jumped onto Gerard's back, causing him to stumble around, and began fake strangling him. Gerard aggressively whipped Frank's arm away from his neck and held it by his side as they continued the walk to the ice cream store. After 5 long minutes of fooling around, they were finally met with the sweet smell of frozen, sugary milk.

"What do you want?" Frank asked pulling out a $20 bill.

"Oh, uh, coffee flavoured please. But you aren't paying for me," Gerard insisted, taking out his wallet.

"Oh for Pete's (hehe Pete Wentz) sake! This isn't some shitty romance movie, go sit somewhere and I'll buy the ice cream," Frank urged, pushing Gerard to the table section.

"Fine. But you know how guilty I'm gonna feel, right?"

Frank only rolled his eyes in response, walking towards the counter. Gerard found a perfect booth beside a window, where nobody else was sitting. He scooted onto the bench, tapping his fingers in anticipation. A few minutes later, Frank walked over to the table and handed Gerard his ice cream.

"Thank you!" Gerard sing-songingly said, not hesitating to start licking the ice cream dripping down his cone (ffs that wasn't supposed to sound sexual help).

"Mhm," was all Frank mumbled, also starting to eat his ice cream.

The pair didn't speak until they were finished, having thoroughly enjoyed the sweet and cold treat. Frank sighed contently, while he heard Gerard sigh in discomfort.

"What's your problem?" Frank asked, confused.

"My mouth is fucking frozen, I always eat way too fast!" Gerard stuck his hand in his hair, pushing it back from his forehead.

"Oh, do you want me to warm it up for you?" Frank asked.

Gerard choked, not able to tell if Frank was implying, you know, something. Did he like Frank...more than a friend? I mean, he's hot, sure, but does he have feelings for him?

"I-I uh," Gerard began, but stopped when Frank abruptly stood up and walked back to the counter. Gerard saw him talking to the cashier, so he assumed that Frank was ordering something. Before you know it, Frank was walking back to the table with a cup of coffee in his hands.

"Here," he said, placing the cup in front of a blushing Gerard and sitting down across from him. "This should help. That's what you meant, right?"

"Thanks, I...uhm...yeah..." Gerard shyly responded, feeling like an idiot for assuming something so out of proportion. He picked up the cup and was about to take a sip, when Frank spoke again.

"Oh yeah, this should help too," He leaned over the table, grabbing Gerard's face in both of his hands in one swift movement and crashing their lips together. Gerard gasped out of shock, but slowly closed his eyes and kissed back, wrapping his arms around Frank's neck. Yup, this was definitely helping! Frank began moving his lips slowly, Gerard following suit. A couple seconds later, Frank pulled away smirking as Gerard sat back in complete shock, beat red and unable to speak.

"I-I," he began sputtering out, when he was cut off again.

"Drink your coffee, asshole. I paid for that," Frank smiled.