Gerard's Lyric Book

It was time to start figuring out the sound for our next album. Gerard and Frank were alone together in the studio, trying to think of a song. It was really hot in the studio, since it was the middle of the summer.

"Any ideas?" Frank asked, sitting back in his chair.

"Nope," Gerard sighed.

"Well, we need to think of something," Frank responded, running his hands through his long black hair.

"I need to use the bathroom, be right back," Gerard exclaimed, getting up and walking out of the room.

Frank sighed and placed his head in his hands as he waited for Gerard to get back. His eyes scanned the room, taking in his surroundings. Guitars on the wall, microphones here and there, amps, and a strange little black book sticking out from under the table. Frank had never seen the book before, so he decided to inspect it. He pulled it out, and held it in his hands. On the front read Gerard's Lyric Book. Frank cocked an eyebrow. The lyric book Gerard usually used was red, not black. Whatever. He walked back over to his chair and sat back down. Surely Gerard wouldn't mind if he just took a peek, and plus, there was nobody here right now. A perfect opportunity.

Frank opened the cover of the book. Inside of it were many doodles and sketches. Gerard was, in fact, an amazing artist. But, on closer look, the sketches looked familiar. Almost like, Frank's tattoos? What? Frank was confused at this, but it must be a coincidence. Why would Gerard want to sketch his tattoos? Frank flipped to the next page, where he saw a song name titled The World Is Ugly. As he read through the lyrics, he was taken back. Gerard was clearly going through something at this time, and who's the person this is about? He was about to flip the page again when Gerard walked in.

As he entered the room and saw Frank holding his private journal, he actually felt like he was going to faint. All of the colour had drained out of his face.

"Frank? What the fuck are you doing? Don't look at that!" Gerard screamed, snatching the book from him and revealing the page he was on. Shit. He had read the lyrics to his favourite song he'd written, about his love for Frank.

"What? Why?" Frank asked, confused and a little concerned.

"Because! Just don't!" Gerard replied, panicked and shoving the book back in his bag.

"Who were those lyrics for, Gerard?"

At this question, Gerard just about lost it. He wanted to burst into tears. He'd spent his whole life keeping that book hidden, but of course, Frank was the one who had to find it. He felt himself shaking, so he sat back down, across from Frank.

"N-nobody," he answered sheepishly, unsure of where to look or what to say.

"C'mon, Gee! Tell me! I won't judge!" Frank begged.

"I can't just tell you! You'd hate me!" Gerard responded in inner despair.

"Yes you can! Why the hell would I hate you?"

"Because you just would, okay!" Gerard snapped, head hanging low.

"Gee?" Frank grabbed both of Gerard's hands, which caused him to look up, red hair falling out of his face. "You know I'd never hate you. I wouldn't tell anyone, I promise." Gerard sighed deeply. This is his chance.

"Fine! It's about you!" Gerard wailed, tears beginning to stream down his face.

"It's abo-" Frank asked, unable to finish when Gerard interrupted.

"Yes!" Gerard sobbed.

"Aw, Gee, please don't cry," Frank cooed, tucking Gerard's red hair behind his ears.

"I'm so sorry, Frankie. It's fine if you don't want to be friends with me anymore and hate me," Gerard cried.

"What the hell? No, Gee, don't be sorry." Frank said, taking Gerard into his arms. "Because I like you, too."

"Y-you what?" Gerard sniffled, finally looking into Frank's eyes, cheeks stained with tears.

"Yeah, I always have," Frank responded softly, taking Gerard's hands in his own, once again.

Gerard couldn't resist any longer. He grabbed Frank's face and smashed his lips into his, straddling him on the chair. He was relieved when Frank finally kissed back, putting his arms around him. They both pulled away, breathless.

"Do you wanna maybe take a day off from music?" Frank asked, arms still around Gerard.

Gerard just smiled and nodded, kissing him again.