Sick

Gerard's P.O.V.

I woke myself up by coughing hysterically. I struggled to catch my breath as my throat burned. I noticed that it was still dark outside so I decided to check the time.

3:03am

"Ugh," I slapped the palm of my hand on my forehead, noticing that I had also broken out in a cold sweat, and the couch was soaking wet.

I tried to simply fall back asleep, realizing quickly that that wouldn't be possible. I was sweating, my throat burned, and I had a pounding headache. Yay! I needed a drink of water and some meds, but I needed to make sure that I didn't wake up my boyfriend Frank. Frank and I lived together in a small apartment. The only reason that I wasn't sleeping in our bed was because we had an argument and I decided to sleep on the couch. I felt really bad and sorry. After debating on my head for about 5 minutes, I decided that if I didn't get water and medication now, I would actually die.

I slowly sat up and stepped off the couch, feeling extremely dizzy. I began making my way through the dark abyss of the living room, blanket wrapped around my shoulders. I couldn't see anything, and my dizziness didn't help. As I attempted to make my way to the kitchen, I knocked into the wall and fell down, luckily not hitting my head, but causing me to experience another coughing-fit.

"Fuck," I whisper-shouted as I caught my breath, now laying in a bundle of blankets on the floor, hoping that the loud boom didn't wake Frank.

I hoped wrong.

The hallway light flicked on, causing my head to pound harder. There stood Frank in the doorway of our bedroom, a confused and concerned look plastered on his face.

"What the hell are you doing?" He asked, groggily.

"I woke up and felt like shit so I tried walking to the kitchen and-" I began coughing again, throat feeling like literal fire.

Frank ran up to me, crouching down and patting my back as I coughed.

"Hey, hey, Gee. It's ok, just breath," he spoke softly, rubbing my back. "Let's get you back in bed."

I just nodded in response, slowly standing up, wrapping my arm around Frank as we walked back into the bedroom. Frank lifted up the covers and I laid down, resting my head against the soft pillow. He pulled the covers back up and over me, making sure I was comfortable.

"Just wait here, I'll bring you meds."

I nodded again. Not over a minute later, Frank hurried back in the room with Advil, a glass of water, cough drops, a thermometer, and a cold cloth. He sat down beside me on the edge of the bed and handed me an Advil. I popped it in my mouth, and rinsed it down with the glass of water he had given me. He then placed a hand on my forehead.

"Fuck, Gee, you're burning up," he sympathetically said, placing the cold cloth on my forehead. "I don't even need to take your temperature to know you have a fever."

I responded by softly sighing. Frank petted my red hair out of my face and rested his hand on my cheek.

"Get some rest, and sorry for arguing," he whispered, kissing the top of my head.

"I'm sorry too," I said, barely a whisper.

I began to feel my eyelids dropping, so I let them.

"I love you," I heard Frank whisper before I fell back asleep.