Chapter 2: "It's not over until I say it's over!"

Ilanthe's p.o.v.

"Are you sure this is the right place?" Issac asked as he pulled up to the Blood Pack's front gate.

I laughed at his quizzical expression, "yeah, I'm pretty sure I know where I was born and raised."

"It looks like a gated community."

"What were you expecting?"

He shrugged, "I don't know...maybe blood and dead bodies everywhere?"

I shook my head laughing, "sorry to disappoint you."

My father has designed the pack house layout a certain way so that we could live near the humans and still be hidden.

From outside view, it is a gated community. On the inside, it consists of five house's, my parents house, a chow hall, a gym, and a huge warehouse; each assassin is assigned a house based on their rank among the pack.

There is the Alpha house, the Beta, Delta, Gamma, and the Omega house. Unlike most packs, you earn you're rank. Everybody starts off as an Omega and has to work their way up to the Alpha house.

There is fifteen assassin's in the Omega house and the Gamma house, twenty in the Delta house and the Beta house, and only ten in the Alpha house. In all, there is only eighty assassin's in the Blood Pack. Our training is often too intense and most people drop out before they even take their oath's. The assassin's in the Alpha and Beta house are responsible for training new recruits and lower ranks.

Each house has their own kitchen but the chow hall is for everyone to get to know each other. Dinner is always in the chow hall, it's a way for all the assassin's to know who's who and a time for the lower ranks to ask advice from higher ranked assassin's.

The gym is in a large building, about the size of a football field, and each house has a designated time for their house to train. After training hours, you are free to go practice as you want.

The warehouse is our training 'room'. It's the width and length of two football fields and is open at all hours. Half of the warehouse is a simulation room where assassin's practice sneak attacks and different tactics to handle different assignments. The other half is split into four parts; the gun range, the weapons combat range (knives and stuff like that), the hand to hand combat area and the fighting area. The fighting area is where we test the lower assassin's and see where they stand in their training. Also, it's where lower rank assassin's challenge higher rank assassin's when they are ready to advance in their rank. If they beat the person they challenge, they move up a rank. If the don't, they stay in the rank they are in until they decide to try again.

I explained all this to Issac as he pulled into the gate. I don't think he understood everything I said but he nodded anyways.

When Issac pulled the key out of the ignition, Garret was standing on the sidewalk, waiting for me with a smile.

I felt my anger flare and Issac seemed to notice, "is that the ex?"

I nodded and got out of the car, "yup, can I have a minute? You gotta call Scarlet anyways."

He reluctantly nodded and walked the opposite direction, I walked up to Garret and moved out of reach when he tried to kiss me.

He gave me a hurt look and I had to fight the urge to roll my eye's. Looking at him now, I honestly don't know what I saw in him. He's not hard on the eye's, he's just got this thing about him that drives everyone crazy; he's too cocky and thinks everyone should warship the ground he walks on.

I looked at him and tried to find one thing about him I liked, I couldn't find anything. He has light blonde hair, unlike Isaac's raven black hair. His eyes are a dark brown and nothing compared to Isaac's gorgeous hazel eye's that have flecks of gold and green when you look close enough. He's shorter than Issac too, he's about the same height as me. He is overly muscular and I didn't even find that attractive.