Chapter 4: "I'm handing the pack over to you."

Ilanthe's p.o.v.

"They want to kill all the assassin's," Nilez said in horror, "once we are dead, nobody will try to stop them."

"Exactly." Issac said with a wicked grin and looked at all of us, "any of you ever been to war?"

"What is you're plan, Alpha Blood?" Calvin asked, looking at my father expectantly.

Thanos eyed my father and shook his head in disappointment, "I've always wanted this to happen, just not like this. I can't believe you'd do that, Alpha Blood."

I had no clue what was going on and judging from everyone else's faces, they were in the same boat.

"I need to speak to my daughter alone," my father said.

"I'm disappointed in you," Thanos snapped as he stormed out of the room, his red eye's burning with anger.

Everyone else got up to leave and my mother walked into the room, siting down next to my father with a solemn look.

"What's going on?" I asked once we were alone.

My mother's green eyes looked troubled as she ran her fingers through her blonde hair with a sigh.

My father rubbed his face and mumbled, "I can't do this anymore."

"Can you elaborate, please." I said as my patience was thinning.

"We leaving tomorrow," my mother said.

"Are you joking right now!? We have a war about to start and you decide it's time for a vacation!?" I shouted while glaring at them.

"Not a vacation, we mean for good." My father clarified, "we are both too old to do any of this."

"What about the pack? You've dedicated you're entire life to this, are you really ready to walk away from that?"

My father nodded but didn't speak, pushing my anger over the top. "Don't get shy now, dad, this is bullshit! Why the hell are you going to run from a war when you live for that kind of thing!?"

My father looked, for the first time, embarrassed. "Talking about something and doing it, are two entirely different things."

What the hell does that even me-

"You've never killed anyone, have you? You've pushed me my whole life to be this 'perfect' assassin and you are a fraud."

"I pushed you to be the best you could be!" My dad snapped.

"Yeah, an emotionless killing machine. Are you proud, father, because that's all I've tried to do my whole life; make you proud." I tried to take a calming breathe and control my anger but it didn't work, "You are a hypocrite, you bastard!"

"And how so?!" My father yelled, slamming his hands against the table in fury.

"You have always told me that quiting is a shameful thing to do, yet here we are; my 'bad ass' father is running from a fight!"

"Don't speak to you're father like that!" My mother gasped, placing a hand over her heart.

I love my mother but she's a bit of a drama queen. She's a firm believer that women should speak politely and always be prim and proper. I think she forgets that I kill people for a living.

"Why? Because it's the truth?" I asked, shooting her a 'stay out of it look'.

"Because it's hurtful." My mother said in a quiet voice, even she knew I was right.

"The truth hurts!" I sneered and turned back to my father. "what is going to happen to the pack?"

He sighed and stood up, "I'm handing the pack over to you."