Curiosity Killed the Cat 4

Writers Notes

I want to thank HaleyyElizabeth for all the covers/banners that she made for me for this story and the other story that i'm working on. Thank you so much

Chapter Four

                I stood there with my eyes wide as I watched the bear fall to the ground in front of me. “Are you ok?” A voice knocked me back to my senses. “Haley?” I looked up to see Zachary standing there with a shoot gun. “You’re safe know.”

                Without being able to control myself I leaped from the branch I was on into Zachary’s arm. “Thank you, thank you so much.” I couldn’t stop shaking. 

                Zachary put his arms around me. “Don’t worry about it.”

                “Zachary.” Annabel climbed down. “How did you know that we needed your help.”

                “Well I saw the bear walk through my yards and I had a feeling that you would need me.” he started to rub my back. “You’re alright Haley.” He tried to calm me.

                I pulled away from him nodding my head trying to stop crying. “Thank you Zachary.” I sighed at him.

                Zachary reached up and wiped tear off my cheek and sighed. “Don’t thank me. I’m just glad that you’re safe.”

                I smiled at him then looked down at the bear. “What is a black bear doing here?”

                Zackary around like he was trying to figure something out in his head. “I have no idea Haley.” He stood up and grabbed his gun. “I’m guessing your both too shaken up to camp huh?”

                I looked back at Annabel who was looking back at me. “I would say so.”

                “Well why don’t we get you both back to the house.”

                I nodded. “We should clean up first.”

                “I’ll come back and clean up after I get you back.” He told me.

                I looked at him. “Are you sure, I mean Annabel and I can get it.”

                “No, Haley I’ll get it.” He told me like it was a final warning.

                “If you insisted.” I looked back at Annabel who shrugged her shoulders. Zachary held out a hand for me and smiled at me.

                “Come on, let get you back.”

                I grabbed Zachary’s hand and stood up. “Thanks.”

                Zachary helped me over the black bear. “My lady.” He winked at me as he turned back and helped Annabel to. “There you go.” I walked over to our crappy tent and sighed. “So much for the best week ever.”

                Annabel looked me. “Don’t say that. We can still make it the best week ever.”

                “I looked back at the bear and shook my head. “Well it’s differently the most exciting week ever.”

                “Yeah I’ll say that.” Annabel held her hand out to me.

                I took it and skipped with her towards the trail realizing that Zachary was still behind us. “Are you coming?”