Curiosity Killed the Cat 11

Writers notes

Please vote and comment! PLEASE>>>>>>

Chapter Eleven!!!!

                Zachary’s Pov

                “Asoula?” Haley looked from me to Audrey and then back at me.  “What you do mean his bride?”

                Audrey’s eyes widened. “Oh you know what the word Asoula means.” She looked at me like it was my fault.

                “Mike said something.” I told her.

                “Damn him.” She cursed.

                I rolled my eyes at her before turning back to Haley who was still looking at us for the answer to her question. “I’ll ask again. What you mean his bride?”

                “It’s nothing, just a joke.”

                “A joke?” Haley chuckled almost like she was going insane.  

                “Haley.” I sighed and reached out her only to have her flinch away, which send a ping of paint right to my heart. She flinched away from me, she rejected me. I turned my head trying to hide the hurt look on my face from Haley but mostly form Audrey because she would tease me for it. “Listen to me Haley. This isn’t the place or time to talk about this.”

                Haley sighed and crossed her arms over her chest. “So, you just want me to grab my drawing pad and walk out of here like nothing ever happened. Like I didn’t just see anything?” I could hear she was about to cry. “Is that what you want?”

                “Yes.” I sighed, Haley looked at me like I was crazy. “But I know that the chances of you being able to do that is slim to none.”

                “Oh for Christ sakes, just call Conner up, and have him fix this whole little problem.” Audrey said smashing her fist off the table.

                “Audrey.”

                “Don’t Audrey me.” She glared at me. “It’s the easiest thing for you to do, and it would give you a chance to see your best friend, since you haven’t been home in twenty years.”

                “Home?” Haley looked at her.

                “England.”

                “Shut up!”

                “It’s not like you’re hiding anything anymore.” Audrey had to remind me.

                I rolled my eyes at her. “It’s not that easy.”

                “OH yes it is.” Audrey said pulling her cell phone out from her pocket. “See watch.” She said dialing the phone.

                I glared at her as her face lit up. “Conner! Yes it me.” She smiled. “Well you see I have your best friend here.” She paused for a moment. “Yes I know, but do you know what’s funnier? He messed up and needs your help.” She turned back towards me and put the phone out for me. “It’s for you.”

                I sighed and took the phone from her. “Ello?’

                “Zachary!” Connor’s voice yelled through the phone. “I haven’t heard from you in twenty years and when I finally do, you got yourself into trouble.”