Curiosity Killed the Cat 5

Writes Notes

Sorry it took so long to get out I couldn’t think about how to end this chapter I want to thank HaleyyElizabeth and snoopysally for fanning me and two special thanks to snoopysally for voting for CKTC and CalamityScarletDay for commenting on my chapters.

Chapter Five

                “Are you two hurt?” My mom’s eyes widened as she looked both of us up and down. “You didn’t get hurt by the bear did you?”

                “No Mom, I told you that we got away from it, and that Zachary shoot it before anything else happened.”

                My mom pulled me and Annabel into a hug and sighed. “Thank God.” She sighed before pulling me away from us. “Aren’t you both glad that Zachary isn’t like what you guys talked about before. I don’t think a murder slash rapist would have saved you from that bear.”

                Annabel and I looked at each other and laughed. “No Mom, I don’t think so either.”

                “Well now we have to do someone special to repay him.” She thought for a moment. “Why don’t you run a long and ask him over for dinner.”

                My eyes lit up. “Alright.” I grabbed Annabel’s hand and pulled her along towards the door.

                “You seem happy.” She smirked at me.

                “Eating dinner with the new neighbor is a great way to figure out more about him.”

                “You and your curiosity.” She shook her head at me. “You know what they say about….”

                “That curiosity killed the cat.” I sighed. “Yes but Zachary said that curiosity seemed to always started a new adventure.”

                “Oh did he now?”

                “He did.” I said as we walked up to the door. As soon as I went to knock I heard someone yelling in a launage that I’ve never heard before. “What the.”

                “Haley, just knock on the door.”

                “No hold on a second.” I slowly walked over to the window and peeking to the house to see the man we saw before and Zachary both pacing around the house yelling at each other. “I wonder what they are talking about?”

                “It’s their personal business not ours.” Annabel pulled me away from the window. “Now knock, invite him over to dinner and let’s get out of here so they can finish.”

                I reached up and knocked on the door. “You’re no fun Anna.”  The voice’s stopped as the sound of someone walking towards the door came.

                The door opened to Zachary who sighed and shook his head at us. “Hey Haley what’s up.”

                “My mom wants to invite you to dinner as a thank you for saving Anna and I, and let me tell you that she won’t take no for an answer.” I smiled at him.

                “Well she’ll have to.”  I heard the same dark voice I heard when we walked out of the woods.

                “Mike.” Zachary yelled back at him. “Be nice.”

                The man in the trench coat walked up to the door and flashed us a toothy grin. “I’m sorry girls, but Zachary here doesn’t have the time to play hero with two blo…”