Curiosity Killed the Cat 7

Writers notes

IF you really like my story and want to read more please; vote, comment, and fan. The more you show me you like it the harder I'll work. Hope you enjoy.

Chapter Seven

                “Haley, he’ll be here soon.” My mom called up the stairs. “Stop doing your hair and get down here.” 

                I looked around and sighed. “I’ll be right down Mom.” I said as I fixed my hair for the last time.

                “Ready for your date?” Annabel asked as she walked up behind me and messed up my hair.

                “Hey, don’t do that.” I swatted her away. “It’s not a date.”

                “Then why are you acting like you’re going to the prom?” She asked me.

                I turned around and stuck my tongue out at her. “Mom told us to look nice.” 

                “Look nice, no spend three hours to get ready.”

                Just then the doorbell rang. “He’s here!”

                I grabbed Annabel’s and pulled her out of the bathroom and towards the stair. “Thanks for inviting me to dinner Mrs. Martin.”

                “it was the least I can do, I mean if you weren’t there, I don’t know what I would do if Haley got hurt.”

                He put his arm around her. “I wouldn’t let anything harm Haley.” 

                “You must be her guardian angel.”

                Zachary seemed to chuckle before looking to where Annabel and I were standing. “As there they are.” He smiled.

                My mom looked up and sighed. “Come down and say hello to our guest.”

                Annabel and I ran down the steps. “Ello, Zachary.” Annabel smiled at him when she reached the bottom of the steps.

                I nodded my head and did a fake crusty. “Hello, M’lord and welcome.”

                Zachary laughed but bowed right back to me. “M’lady it’s and honor.”

                “Alright you to enough.” My mom tried to stifle her laugh. “Dinner is almost ready.” We followed her in to the kitchen which held a small table in the corner that we eat at. “Sit down and relax.”

                Annabel and I walked over to the table and took a seats one on each side of the table. Zachary slowly walked over to the head of the table and looked around like he was asking permission. “Go a head Zachary,” I told him. “Daddy wouldn’t mind.”

                Zachary looked down before taking his a seat. “So tell us about yourself.” Mom cough trying to start up a conversation.

                “Well, Currently I’m going to college, I am studying creative writing and English.” He said with a smile.

                “Creative writing and English huh?” My mom smiled. “Oh, Haley’s love’s to write.”

                Zachary turned towards me and smiled. “Really?”

                “Um well I write a little.”