Curiosity Killed the Cat 8

Writers notes

So i want to warn you i put in two new characters that you may or you may not like. You know who i'm talking about. Please comment and vote thank you so much.

Chapter Eight

                “No,” I groaned as my mom knocked on my bedroom door for like the tenth time this morning. “I don’t want to get up yet.” 

                “This is why I told you not to stay up last night.” I heard her sigh. “And what did you tell me? ‘Mom it’s the first day of school tomorrow, I’ll be too existed to sleep in.”

                “Five more minutes.”

                “If I let you sleep in five more minutes you’ll have to walk to school because I have to leave for work.”

                “I’ll be up and ready in five.”

                “Good girl.” She said walking away from the door.

                I sighed but pushed the blankets off of myself. “On the count of three.” I said embrassing myself. “One…” I shook my head. “Two…” Took a deep breath. “Three.” I rolled out of bed with a thump and groaned. “That’s the last time I watch Smallvill before going to bed on a school night.” I tried to tell myself. “Yeah right, I’ll watch about four episodes tonight.”

                I walked pushed myself from the floor to my feet and sighed. I walked over to my closet and grabbed out the outfit that I picked out for the first day of school.

                Quickly I got dressed and made my way down stairs. “Haley is that you.”

                “Nope it’s the other daughter that you have that lives in this house.” I yawned as I walked into the kitchen to see my mom reading the paper. A headline on the front page caught my eye. “Vampire Killer?”

                My mom looked up for a moment before looking at the front page. “There’s a killer on the lose in the city and they say he drinks the bloods of his victims just like a vampire would.”

                “Well maybe he’s a vampire.” I said grabbing a piece of toast off of the plate in front of me.

                “Haley, you and I both know that vampire’s aren’t real.” She looked me in the eyes.

                “I know Mom, It was a joke.” I sighed.

                “Well good, because I don’t want you going out into the city to find this monster.” She told me.

                “Why would I go looking for a murder?” I asked grabbing my back pack off the chair, just in time to hear a my bus’s horn. “See you Mom.” I said running towards the door.

                “Have fun.”

                I flew out the door down the steps to the mini bus that was parked outside of my house. As I walked up to the bus Patty the bus driver opened the door for me. “Hello there Haley.”

                “Ello, Ello. How was your summer”

                She smiled at me. “Alright, I got engaged.” She held out her hand to show me the ring.

                “I’m really happy for you.” I told her as I walked back and sat in my seat the last one. There was five other kids on my bus and that’s all. It really pays lying on a dead end street in the middle of the country.  

                I put my head phones in and leaned my head again the window waiting to arrive at school.

“Haley?” I heard Annabel’s voice. “Haley.”

                My eyes shot opened and I looked around to see Annabel, Gabe, Lance and Patty looking at me. “What?”

                “You fell asleep.” Patty laughed. “And I almost drove off with you still on the bus.”

                I rubbed my eyes. “OH sorry.”

                “It’s fine darling, just get going before your late for Homeroom.”

                I sighed grabbed my bad and started off the bus when I realized that I didn’t have my Ipod. “Crap where did it go.”

                “Are you looking for this.” Gabe held up my IPod and laughed at me. “We took it while you were sleeping.”

                I reached for it but he jumped out of the way. “You really think it’s going to be that easy?”

                “Give it back.” I made another jump for it.

                “This is what you get for not talking to me during the summer.”

                Just then the bell ran for Homeroom to start. We stopped dead in our tracks and sighed. “This is a great way to start off the first day of school.” We took off into the school towards our homeroom.

                When we reached the room Mr. Winder was standing there  glaring at the door. “I could hear you four all the way down the hall. If you’re going to be late to homeroom please be like the other kids and try to sneak in, that way I can at least say I didn’t hear you come in.”

                “Yes sir.” Lance and Gabe both bowed.

                “Now would you kindly find your seats.” Mr. Winder asked us. Quickly the four us walked to the back of the room and sat down at our desk. “As I was saying we have a student teacher that is going to be with us the whole year, he’s going to help me with homeroom, English and creative writing.” He smiled at us. “His name is Mr. Turner so be good and welcome him once he gets here.”

                The whole class nodded and whispers started to fill the room about the new student teacher that was until the door opened. “Sorry I’m late.”My eyes widened and I looked back at Annabel who was just as shocked at I was. “I’m Mr. Turner and I hope we have a great year together.”

 I looked back at the student teacher and blinked a few times just to see if my eyes were playing tricks on me, because at the front of the room was my curly brown haired neighbor. “Zachary?” I question making him look back at me and smile.

“It’s Mr. Turner in school, Hailey.” He told me.

“You know her?” A girl in the front row said as she glared at me.

“She’s my neighbor.”

“Not fair I heard someone say.”

Annabel tapped my shoulder and whispered. “Looks like you’re not the only one who thinks Zachary is….”

“Damn he’s hot.” I looked back to see Gabe drooling eyes over him and Lance pouting.

“Gabe be careful what you say Lance looked like you hurt Lance’s feelings.”

Gabe quickly turned around and looked at Lance. “Lance you know what I only have eyes for you~” He said grabbing his hands. “Mr. Turner might be hot but you’re sexy.” He winked.

Lance smiled at Gabe. “You’ll just have to make it up to me.” he winked.

“Lance, Gabe you would too like to share to the class what’s so important.”

Gabe blushed and looked down at his desk. “No, sir.”

                “Didn’t think so.”