You're Mine

*Boring chapter, sorry😞. Please excuse any errors, but at least we're getting somewhere so yay?*

The party finally came to an end around 3:00 in the morning and messy was an understatement for what everyone was. The only ones left at the house were Kirstie, Avi, Kevin, of course Scott, and Mitch. They were tidying up as quickly as they could so they could get home before the sun came up.

Mitch was in the kitchen washing off dishes before placing them in the dish washer anyway. This was the easiest thing to do to help out so he called it. When he turned around to grab another alcohol-stenched glass to add to the sink, he flinched with a gasp. Scott was standing before him with his arms crossed over his chest.

"What is with you sneaking up on me? You're going to need a bell or something," Mitch laughed. He stopped abruptly when he realized Scott looked anything, but amused. "Are you okay?"

"I don't know. Is there anything you would like to tell me?"

Mitch looked to the side then back to Scott. "Like?" he asked, truly confused.

"Like why the hell did I see you kissing Shane outside of my bathroom. I was thinking maybe Bonnie was already having orders thrown at her so you had to wait, but she told me you were down the hall with some guy when I came to find you."

Mitch groaned and leaned against the counter. "I promise it wasn't what it looked like. You trust me, right?"

"Not what it looked like? How am I supposed to trust you when you are lying right in my face?"

"Scott, please, just let me expla-"

"I'm sure Shane is ready for you to continue when you get home." Scott's words stayed at one low, cold, and harsh tone, but Mitch wasn't deterred.

Scott turned and stormed toward the stairs. Mitch huffed, throwing the dish rag into the sink, and followed after him, jogging just to keep up.

"I'm not just going to go. I want you to tell me exactly why you're mad and I'll tell you why you have no reason to be."

The taller of the two stopped in the entrance of his room and moved to stare at the shorter one incredulously.

"No reas... wow." He scoffed and shut the bedroom door directly in Mitch's face.

Him slamming the door didn't send Mitch running. He understands Scott is mad, but too bad because he was also irritated. How dare Scott feel upset when he wouldn't even allow the brunette to explain. Besides, Mitch wasn't his; he's single and it's Scott's fault in his opinion.
If he wanted Mitch other than physically he should have properly asked him out. But regardless, the smaller man wasn't going to leave. Not after what happened last time. Scott could be mad but Mitch not knowing if he's alive or dead is something he can't put up with again. That may be selfish, but maybe he's earned that right to be selfish.

Mitch went back downstairs when Scott refused to open the door, to see the other three ready to leave. They all hugged goodbye liked they'd been the best of friends for years. Avi and Kevin were really funny and nice so it was easy to consider them friends now.

Kirstie offered Mitch a ride home but he declined with a smile. Home meant Shane. Here meant a possibility of more fighting before patching things up later, but he'd rather that. She nodded as she walked out the door and said,

"Call me, okay? I want to know what's going on. Don't think I didn't notice Scott seemed irritated all night... And thanks again for the best 24th birthday."

"You're welcome, Sis, you deserved it. Call me instead though, so I know you've made it home safely."

She agreed and he saw them out, waving as they pulled off. Mitch sighed and shut the door, ready to go to bed when a thought came to him. He grabbed a pillow and a few blankets from his room and settled on the ground in front of Scott's door. Mitch hoped Scott really didn't think he was just going to leave because he told him too; Mitch was stubborn. He laid outside the blonde's door and soon fell asleep after having his own shouts drowned out by music. Scott would have to confront him sooner or later.