Chapter 3.

"Are you okay? you looked like you just saw a ghost." My aunt says.

"Yeah, I think I just saw a spider." I lie.

What? I can't say 'So Niall, yeah Maura's son, was in my room. Not the real him but the ghost him. He says he didn't kill himself and he says he wants to help me. Oh, and you were right, he is and was really good looking.'

We don't talk for the rest of dinner. The only noise that fills the house is the sound of the silverware against the glass plates.

"I'll do the dishes." I offer when we are both done eating.

"Love, it's okay. You have a had long day. Go take a shower and relax." My aunt says.

I go upstairs and turn the water on in the shower. I step into the water. My body burns as the boiling water touches my cold skin. I start washing my body and the voices start.

"Your aunt is just sorry for you. So is Maura and Niall."

"Niall's a ghost. You don't have a chance with him."

"Why would Niall want you?"

"Everyone in the hallway looked at you because yo wear so many braclets."

"Its obvouis that you cut. No one cares. Kill yourself."

I turn the water off and put my pajamas back on. I pull the blades out of the drawer and just stare at them for a minute.

I place the blade on my skin horrizontaly. I pull from left to right. I repeat that at least 6 times. I put the blade back in the drawer and stand watching the blood drip into the sink.

*~*

School ended fifteen minutes ago. Did aunt Amy forgot about me?

I'm about to call her when my phone lights up.

Sorry I forgot to tell you I have a doctors appointment. Sorry you have to walk. Spare key under the door mat. Should be home in at least two hours, have to back to work. - Amy

I begin the walk home. I look at the ground as a certain blond hair, blue eyed ghost creeps his way into my mind. My thoughts are interupted when a car honks. I turn my head towards the car and I see a girl from my math class. I think her name is Sally.

"Hey Kenzie, right?" She ask.

"Yeah." I reply.

"Do you need a ride?" Sally offers.

"No thanks."

"You're new. Would it hurt to make at least one friend?"

Ouch.

"Okay fine." I say hopping in the passenger seat.

I tell her the adress and she starts driving off.

"So why'd you move to Mullingar?" Sally ask.

"My aunt doesn't have any kids and she doesn't have any luck with guys so I guess I'm like her child now." I half lie.

"Oh, cool."

I don't reply and a few seconds later we pull up to my house.

"Y- you live here?" she ask.

"Yep. It's not as bad as it looks."

She nods her head as I get out of the car. I think she whispers something like, "we'll see about that."

Before I get to the door, Sally is gone.

I walk into my room and jump when I see Niall laying on my bed. 

"How was school?" Niall ask casually.

I glare at him.

"What?" He ask.

"We were having a freaking conversation yesterday and you randomly disappeared after you said if there was more than one peron in a room and you only wnated to be seen by one you could. And you said some random shiz that makes no sense." I yell.

"I'm sorry I haven't figured it out yet." Niall says sarcasticly.

"Whatever." I huff.

"I guess you don't want my help." He says with a smirk.

"Your help? You're a ghost! I don't need help from a ghost, if anything you need help from me." I try to stay calm.

"Do you mean I need your help getting to the afterlife and not being stuck in the 'in-the-between'? I hate to break it to you but it doesn't really work like that love."

"Then how does it work?"  I ask.

Niall sighs, "Most spirits go straight into the light, a.k.a the afterlife. But some don't and I'm obvousily one of those spirits. This is called the in between. It is like the Earth wants us to stay here but it will give us up at some point. It would be random, it could be three months after some dies or fifty years after someone dies."

"Do you want to get to the afterlife, Niall?"

Niall gets off my bed and walks over to the window.  He stares out into the darkness of the forest for a few moments before answering me. "I did. I've meet somebody who I can help and who can help me." He turns and looks at me.

"Who? A ghost or an actual person?" I continue to ask the ghost.

"An actual person. Theres a good place in the forest with a good view of the sunset, lets go check it out and I can tell you about the girl I want to help." Niall tells me.

I can't help but feel a little bit of jealousy even if Niall is a ghost. He is attractive as a ghost and I'm sure as hell he was even more attractive when he was alive. I wonder if Niall would be my friend if he wasn't dead, would he possibly like me? I want to know who the girl is and why he wants to help her.

I think I am starting to develop feelings for this dead boy.

I walk towrads the door with Niall behind me. I open it and I accidently hit him with the door.

"Oh my god! I am so sorry Niall! I didn't mean to!" I blush.

"It's okay, I can feel it." Niall says walking towards the stairs.

Once we get to the bottom of the stairs and walk to the back door I say, "Oh yeah. I forgot. What's it like being a ghost?"

Niall opens the door this time. I step outside and he does the same, closing the door behind him. He leads the way from the backdoor to the forest.

"It's cool I guess. I can be seen by who I want to be seen by whenever I want, so I am invisible sometimes. I can't feel physically, but I can feel emotionally. And no I can't walk through walls and objects can't go though me."

A/N: I'm sick :(

i just got out of school for summer vacation! Yay!

Vote, comment and read on.

~Sophia