Chapter 15.

KENZIE'S POV

I wake up in an unfamiliar room and I see my aunt, my parents. Maura, James, and Niall.

"Niall!" I yell excitedly. No one looks at me but Nialll. He looks up at me with a small smile and sad eyes.

"Can they hear me?" I ask him. Before he could reply theres a loud and long beep. I look at the monitor and the red line is straight.

"I-I'm sorry but Kenzie is de- dead." James says with sadness in his eyes. My parents and aunt are crying and Maura's eyes are watery.

Another doctor comes and wheels my body out of the room and I got a look at my dead body as it passed in front of me. I look over at Niall and he looks mad so I decided not to talk to him just yet. He didn't look at me at all in the car on the way home. As soon as he got out of the car he walked to the backyard and began his way to the hideout I assume. I decide to follow him.

Niall was standing a few feet away from the boulders when I caught up with him.

"What happened?" I ask him. He turned around and looked at me.

"You killed yourself!" He yells at me.

"Wh- what?" I choke out.

"You said Sally killed me and she tried to get Abbi to kill you but she refused. You invited Sally over because you knew her plan. Somehow the police got involved. Before Sally got to your house you over dosed and then cut your arms like how Sally cut mine." Niall said looking away from me.

"So, what happened to Sally?"  I ask earning a laugh from Niall. "Why are you acting this way?" I yell at him.

"Because I'm mad! I told you to be safe and careful. You did something stupid after I told you not to. I tried to protect you because I really really like you!" He tries to say calmly.

I try to remember why I did this... "I did this to myself becaue I love you. I want to be with you but the only way I can do that is being dead." I whisper.

"Then why couldn't you have waited until you died of old age or something, you didn't have to kill yourself!" Niall says.

"Then I would've been old and wrinkly while your young an-" I begin to say but I'm cut off. "-This isn't freaking Twilight, Kenzie!"

And with that I walked off. I was alone again. I had no one but myself.

I spend the rest of the week listening to my families conversations. They were sad. They actually missed me more than I ever could have imagined. Niall was right, it was stupid for me to kill myself so I could be with him because I haven't talked to him in five days. Instead, I've watched my family cry and that hurt. I had no idea how my friends were doing or feeling about this because I haven't seen them in a week.

Just as I was about to go out for a walk my aunt begins to talk to my parents. "So Kenzie's funeral is in two days..."

My parents stay silent and just nod.

"Are you guys going to say something?" She ask them.

"Ye-yes. Who else is going to say something?" My mom replies.

"Me, Maura, and Kenzie's friend Abbi." My aunt answers my moms question.

Without wanting to listen to their conversation any longer, I left the house. There's no way Niall will be at the hideout so I decide to go there.

I don't want to think about Niall anymore so I think about so many other things. The grass is really green, but it's greener over there. Even the it's really cloudy, you can still see the bright song. All the birds are chirping really happy songs. It's beautiful until I reach the forest.

The forest. Everything is dead. The trees, leaves, sounds. Me. Everything is brown, colorless, and dull. Maybe being dead isn't so great after all.

My thoughts are interupted by a faint crying noise coming from the boulders.

"Niall?" I say quietly as the boy turns around.

He whips a tear away from his eye as he says, "He- hey."

"Are you okay?" I ask.

I hate seeing Niall like this. He shouldn't be the sad one or the one crying. I don't even know why he is crying, I'm probably not  the reason. Niall rolls his eyes at me, "I'm fine." He fakes a smile and then continues, "Why are you here anyways?"

I didn'tt want to stop talking to Niall or say anything that could possibly kill our conversation so I say, "I went out for a walk because my family was talking about something and I didn't want to listen anymore. Well when I was walking I wanted to tell you something so I started heading over here and I heard you crying... Now I'm here."

Niall's eyes lit up before he spoke. "What did you want to tell me?" He almost had an almost smile on his lips.

"M- my funeral is in two d- days." I tell him with my voice very shaky.

Niall's almost smile disappers and before he can answer, I walk away not knowing if he will be there or not.

A/N: Sorry for the poopy chapter...

Next chapter will be the LAST chapter.. Oops this was a short story... I didn't know what to really do with it...

Maybe check out my Calum Hood fanfic...? Please?

Well... Vote, comment, and read on.

~Sophia