Chapter 12.

Beep, beep, beep, beep, beep.

5:30.

5:30?!

I check my phone to make sure it was really 5:30 and it was. I sigh as I realise I set my alarm clock an hour early by accident. I decide to get out of bed and get ready for school so I can get there early.

*~*

I sit alone in my first period, reading a book. Occasionaly I look at the clock. School starts in fifteen minutes A few seconds later I hear two familiar voices in the hallway and I wait for them to come into the class, bu they dont.

"Don't go in there, we need to talk!." A voice says.

"About what? Niall and Kenzie."

I quietly get up and open the back door. I unlock my phone and go to the camera app to  take a video.

"What about them?" Abbi snaps.

"It's not about him because he's dead, it's about her." Sally says cooly.

"What about he- are you saying you want her dead?" Abbi ask.

"What do you think? Oh, and I want you to be the one who kills her." I can picture that smirk on Sally;s face.

"No. Hell no! You killing Niall was enough! And honestly, I really like Kenzie, she's cool. She reminds me of Niall.  I used to think we would never have a six person group again but we do now. I like it this way." Abbi whisper yells.

"Fine. If you won't do it I'll do it." Sally says coldy.

"Why'd you kill Niall?" Abbi ask sounding defeated.

"I don't know. I'm obessed with murder, remember?" Sally laughs.

I stop recording and slide back into the classroom, taking the position I was in before.  I acted as if I didn't her any of that and pretend to read my book. "You're a freaking psychopath! Just a sick person." Abbi says, and I smirk. 

Abbi walks into the class and sees me sitting there. "Hey Kenz!" she forces a smile. "Hey Abster, are you okay?" I ask. She shakes her head. "What's wrong?" I question her. Abbi sighs, "Sally and I got in a fight."

I search her face for amy signs that she's lying but there isn't any. "I can talk to her, if you'd like." I shrug and Abbi's eyes open wide. "Uhm, that's alright." I roll my eyes at her, "No Abbi, you're the closest friend I have. I'm going to talk to her." I say.

I smile to myself because Sally has no idea what's coming for her.

*~*

As the final bell of the day rings, I run to my aunts car. Luckily, I beat all the school traffic. I run upstairs but Niall isn't in my room when I get there. I grab all the photo albums and files out from the bottom righ drawer. I get up and start running again but i bump into someone.

"Where are you going with those?" Niall ask me.

"Your moms. I need to explain a lot to her and you. Let's go." I say.

Niall follows me down the stairs and to the car. He gets into the backseat so I put all of Maura's belongings in the passenger seat.

We quickly get to his moms house and I grab evrything from the passenger seat. "Someone's in a rush." Niall says to himself before he fades away.

I louldy knock on the door twice before Maura answers. "Kenzie?" She ask. "Hi. Sorry for showing up like this, but I figured a lot of things out." I tell her. She takes the photo albums and files as she says, "Come in."

She walks over to a chair and I take a seat on the couch across from her. "Sooo..." She trails off. 

"So, Niall looked like a really happy child but all of that changed when his father died. After his father passed he was still happy, but he didn't show it as much. I guess in a lot of peoples eyes he looked depressed. One person took advantage of that and killed him making it look like he killed himself." I say.

"Who would do that?" Niall's mom aks.

"It was Sally." I answer her question.

She gives me a confused look. "I accidently set my alarm an hour early this morning so I decided to get to school early. I was in my first period reading a book when I heard two familiar voices down the hall. Abbi and Sally were talking about me so I snuck out the back door and recorded this..." I take my phone out of my pocket and show her the video.

Maura's eyes go wide. "So what are you going to do about it?" She ask.

I smile at her. "I have a plan. Let's go to the police.."

She gets up and I follow her, picking up the photo albums and files so I have some ways to back up my thoughts.

Maura opens the front door and standing on the other side is James.

A/N: SORRY THIS WAS ALSO SHORT! I bet you all thought Sally was going to be standing on the other side of the door. Wait, why is James back? (yes, there's a reason.)

Only 4 more chapters left. Ooh.

Who knew Sally killled Niall? I did!!

Vote, comment, and read on.

~Sophia