Chapter 16.

Two days later.

The day of my funeral. It was a perfect day for a funeral, cold and cloudly. I like it but I don't like it. I wonder how the others would feel about this.

I stll had no idea if Niall was going to be there or not because I haven't seen him since I walked away.

"The funeral starts in a hour! Let's go!" My mom yelled.

Soon enough my mom, dad, and aunt were getting into the car to head to the grave yard. The car ride seemed to take forever. Maybe it was it was just me being dead because everything seemed to be going slower the last few days or maybe it's because of the weather. It's a cold, overcast day. The sun is invisable today, just like me.

We finaly get to the graveyard. My parents help set up the last few things before people start showing up.

First comes Maura and James.

No sign of Niall.

A few minutes later Baylnn and and Barker show up.

Everyone begings taking their seats and Abbi comes in with Jack shortly behind her. They take their seats. Eveyone is wearing black and even though are a litlle over ten people here, it is too much black. It's too dark and I don't like it.

Niall hasn't showed up yet so I tell myself he isn't coming.

Someone sits next to me just as my dad begins his speech. I keep my eye focused on my dad. A few seconds later I feel a hand on my knee. I look up. Sitting right next to me was Niall.

"Hi." He smiles.

A small smile creeps onto my face, "Hey."

Niall's smiles fades. "Do you not want me here? I can g-"

"No, stay." I cut him off.

He nods and we both focus on the person who is speaking.

To lighten the dark mood, my parents and aunt tells random stories about me.They told my least favorite story: When I was five as I was at dance looking at the bulletin board. This aldy comes up behind me wearing blue jeans and a white 3/4 shirt. She placed her hand on her hip and I thought it was my mom so I grabbed her elbow and started swinging her arm back and forth. All the guest laugh, including Niall. I fold my arms and sigh. (Such a drama queen, I know).  Niall looks at me through the corner of his eye and lighly chuckles. "Stoooop." I whine.

Maura comes up and starts telling people about what she tought when we first met and until the day I die. I can feel Niall looking at me but I ignore him.

After Maura finishes her speech, Abbi comes up and begings talking. "I- I remember when Kenzie first moved here, everyone in our group instanly liked her but me. Back when Niall was alive, I really liked him and I felt like she was replacing Niall even though she had no idea who he was at the time. I then realised how stupid I was being. Niall is d-dead, he is gone and won't come back. Kenzie was there and wasn't going to go anywhere so I slowly started accepting her in our group. I never told her this, but I really liked her and I got close to her. If she were still here I would call her one of my best friends. I remember the day Sally told me her plan of killing Kenzie. I should have told the police about this but I didn't b-because I was scared of Sally. I'm sorry but it's my fault that Kenzie is... g-gone." As Abbi finished her speech she began to cry.

I wish I was alive so I can hug her and tell her she's my best friend too and it's alright. But I can't because I'm dead and it's not alright. Nothing is alright.

The ceremony soon ended and everyone stayed to watch me put six foot down. As soon as everyone put their roses down on my new grave, I began to cry.

Niall notices that I'm crying and pulls me into a hug. "Shhh. It's okay Kenz, you were the darkness and you needed to be saved. I guess this was the only way you could have been saved. And now you're with me. Forever." I look up at Niall and he brings his lips up to my nose.

He was right, I am with him forever now. But something in me keeps telling me that it was better to be alive than dead, even if it was to be with Niall forever.

Life and death is a funny thing. Both life and death are games, people fear both life and death. We live our whole life knowing we are going to die. Why doesn't anyone try to come up with a way to make us live forever?

It wasn't until now that I reliaze life is a dream for the dead.

But I was also happy I am dead. People fear death more than pain, but all death does is take the pain away. Death is just another chapter in your story. The final chapter of your story who has made you, you.

| The end |

A/N: This was the final chapter of this fanfic!  I'm sorry it was so short, I didn't plan anything for it, I just went with the flow and whatever happened happened. So that's probably why it sucked!

~Sophia