Chapter 10 Lies

Your P.O.V

We walk inside and soon enough you three are at the front of the line. "Ok you guys stay here im going to talk to the princess since she is on queen duties right now." "Why do we have to stay dad." Varian questions looking like hes inpecting a robery or something. "Well im sorry i need to do this to keep you from any trouble. Hey Cassandra take Y/N back to her room." Quirin says as cassandra walks by. "Sure sir c'mon Y/N." You start walking then you turn back and run to hug varian like one of those very clichè both people runs and then they hug in the middle. "Best friends" you say in sobs looking up from varians chest and putting out you pinky.

You and Cassandra walk to your room and then you ask her to leave and you close the door. You start singing in tears (before we begin this is gonna be the last song before Let Me Make You Proud and Ready As Ill Ever Be. All of this song is you singing but very softly. Zac Eferon And Zendaya Rewrite The Stars. The Greatest Showman)

You know I want you
It's not a secret I try to hide
I know you want me
So don't keep saying our hands are tied

You claim it's not in the cards
But fate is pulling you miles away
And out of reach from me
But you're here in my heart
So who can stop me if I decide
That you're my destiny?

What if we rewrite the stars?
Say you were made to be mine
Nothing could keep us apart
You'd be the one I was meant to find
It's up to you
And it's up to me
No one can say what we get to be
So why don't we rewrite the stars?
Maybe the world could be ours
Tonight

You look back on the times you had with Varian. Like when you first met him, when he threw you away when you hugged him at the science expo and most recently when you kissed.

You think it's easy
You think I don't want to run to you
But there are mountains
And there are doors that we can't walk through

I know you're wondering why
Because we're able to be
Just you and me
Within these walls
But when we go outside
You're gonna wake up and see that it was hopeless after all

No one can rewrite the stars
How can you say you'll be mine
Everything keeps us apart
And I'm not the one you were meant to find
It's not up to you
It's not up to me
When everyone tells us what we can be
How can we rewrite the stars?
Say that the world can be ours
Tonight

You burts into tears and cry in your pillow before you drift off to sleep.

Varians P.O.V

I was walking through the the palace to the spot where i need to met dad and i walk by Y/Ns room. I hear faint singing that turns into crying. "I think shes singing about you." Cassandra says as i walk away.

I get to the door and peep in. I hear dad ask for more land and when the princess asked why he said cause our population is too big for the town. Rapunzel says she'll ask her dad but for now yes a small piece of land. "Dad none of what you said was true. you realised you just lied to the PRINCESS OF CARONA right. Old carona is being destroyed." I say very shocked at how dad just lied to his superior. Rapunzel comes out and asks if i was ok. "No im not because my dad lied. Old carona is getting destroyed by those mystery rocks." She puts her hands on my shoulders and comforts me. Then i smile a thank you smile and walk off.

Me and dad get back to old carona and i go into my lab. Then i see it. I see a bunch of rocks right in the middle of the room. Then i get to testing what chemicals react to these rocks none and none of them react. I get a green chemical and start trying to pour a drop onto the rocks.........